Nearly 4 weeks and can you see a change??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dramaqueendaisy

Nearly 4 weeks and can you see a change??

#1 Post by dramaqueendaisy »

Hi All

Been braced since March 9 and as I've just worked out how to post a pic (took a while...!) I thought I'd let you see my progress so far...

Taken on Brace Day...

Taken March 31st!

What do you think??? I'm quite chuffed (not least because I can now post photos!)
My lower archwire has snapped once and bent 3 times and my cheeks are sore but improving. And I don't know how I'd survive without my Waterpik! But all things considered I'm doing all right.

Can't give up red wine though...just drink through a straw...! :wink:

jennielee81

#2 Post by jennielee81 »

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Your wire is straightening out AND your teeth are moving like gang-busters!!

Congrats!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

dramaqueendaisy

#3 Post by dramaqueendaisy »

Wow Jennie, your teeth look stunning! Something to aim for I think...and thanks for your congratulations. I'm really pleased. :dance:

becks

#4 Post by becks »

I'd say there has been plenty of movement. I'd be happy if I were you too!! I'm a little over 3 weeks in and don't see any visible progress at all. But I know it will come..eventually! Glad you posted your pics, gives me a boost of positive hope and energy.
Braced ~ March 13, 2007

Carolinahigh12

#5 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

I agree with everyone else. Especially your lower teeth have aligned very nicely for only 4 weeks!! :-}
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

lionfish

#6 Post by lionfish »

That's huge progress!

onedayperfect

#7 Post by onedayperfect »

great progress 8)

lz

#8 Post by lz »

That is truly amazing!
My tooth kinda is like yours on the top right (your right) it is sunken in and that gives me alot of hope for when I get my braces next week. I hope I have that fast of progress :)

dramaqueendaisy

#9 Post by dramaqueendaisy »

Thanks everyone...I'm glad it's not just me who can see my progress! My dentist (not my ortho) told me to take a photo every week to look back on and that's what I'm doing. I never would have believed things could happen so fast otherwise :lol:

It makes all the cheek shredding and porridge eating worth while! :jump:

5 teeth out during Feb 07

Ceramics top and bottom Friday 9 March 2007

Braces removed (!!) and permanent retainers fitted Monday 24 May 2010

Essix retainers Wednesday 26 May 2010

Ives

#10 Post by Ives »

Nice, i'm a little jealous. i'm working on week 5 and have not noticed anything.

I go in on monday for first full adjustment. I was going to take pics after every adjustment ( first one this monday ) but maybe i'll do the every week thing. Would be interesting to try and take the pics in the exact same pose every time. Than make a picture slide show, you could see the progress over a couple of years in a short time.

Congrats again !!!!!

Ives
Braced March 1st 07

bracesafter40

#11 Post by bracesafter40 »

You're a fast mover; congrats!
Five weeks here and no visible movement, but I know my teeth have moved somewhat as it feels that way.
http://bracesafter40.blogspot.com
Bridge Sectioned: Feb. 14, 2007
Last Pre-braces cleaning: Feb. 20, 2007
#21 Extraction: Feb. 20, 2007
Sentenced: 32 months
Top Braced: Feb 28, 2007
Bottom Braced: Apr. 4, 2007
New Ortho on Apr. 25, 2008
May 6; fluorescent blue ligs incl. upper powerchains. 2 elastics; Sept. 2, 2008.
Next Adj.: July 7, 2009 at 8:30a