Newbie saying HI!!! :)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BamaGirl

Newbie saying HI!!! :)

#1 Post by BamaGirl »

HELLO!!! :-1

I will become an official metal mouth on April 16th. I am really nervous but also pretty excited. I am 36 years old (as of yesterday) and never really thought I needed braces. My dentist only recently suggested that I consult an ortho because of a crossbite. My teeth are not that crooked but I can tell that they are shifting because I am beginning to develop a gap between my 2 front teeth. :( Both my dentist and ortho said that it would only get worse if I didn't do something to correct it so I am taking the plunge and getting braced!! :D

I am so glad I found this site. There is so much useful information that I have already gotten from lurking around for a couple of weeks. Everyone seems so friendly and helpful!!

BamaGirl :BigGrin:

dramaqueendaisy

#2 Post by dramaqueendaisy »

Hi BamaGirl

Nice to meet you and welcome aboard! I'm 38 and got braced 4 weeks ago today. I've got ceramics top and bottoms and am slowly getting into the swing of it. :-#) This site is fantastic...I don't know any adults in braces where I live (although one or two teens) so this forum is great for support and friendship. I love it! :heart:

Good luck for 16th April and let us all know how things are going!

5 teeth out during Feb 07

Ceramics top and bottom Friday 9 March 2007

Braces removed (!!) and permanent retainers fitted Monday 24 May 2010

Essix retainers Wednesday 26 May 2010

fitchick

#3 Post by fitchick »

Hi BamaGirl,

Welcome to MM, belated birthday wishes and congrats on taking the plunge from me! It is good that you have taken the advice from your dentist and ortho, especially if there is a possibility that your teeth could get worse. There are a whole bunch of very nice people on here who are always on hand to answer questions and offer support. I look forward to following your progress. Good Luck.

Fitchick
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lz

#4 Post by lz »

Hi and welcome I'm in Bama too :)
I am getting braced Thursday so just a few days before you :)

loulou123

#5 Post by loulou123 »

Hi there

Congratulations on taking the plunge and for finding this site, ive had my braces on 9 months now and finding another adult with them in the uk is pretty hard so this site has been a god send to me. The guys on here have answered all my questions and been a big help.

Im 27 myself and have braces and am lined up for double jaw surgery later this year.

Good luck

Louise

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

http://adultwithbraces.blogspot.com/

idolfan4

#6 Post by idolfan4 »

Hey, good luck with getting braces. I got mine about 20 months back and I'm getting them off in 12 days. I hope things go well for you when you first get them.

Peace Out :D

Braces Came On: August 2nd, 2005
Braces Come Off: April 19th, 2007

3Scorpios

Hello!

#7 Post by 3Scorpios »

Hi! :D I'm new too, just got my uppers braced 10 days ago. I'll be 33 in July and much the same, I've never been told I needed braces before. My teeth are fairly 'straight', just slightly out of alignment. I got them really for cosmetic reasons, I was originally going to get 1 veneer for a tooth that sits back a little and then have one of my fronts filed (one of my front teeth is longer than the other)... but my other ortho/dentist (I go to two in the same office, one does ortho and the other doesn't) suggested that braces would have the same effect, except be permanent without filing and cutting on my teeth. Made sense. So, here I am! :lol:

Welcome!

mbarbi

#8 Post by mbarbi »

hi! i'm new here too...just got braced 2 weeks ago...welcome to the forum :)

Tamiel34

Congrats!

#9 Post by Tamiel34 »

Hi BamaGirl,

I'm 35 and I'm getting braced April 10! So good to see I'm not in this alone! Good luck with everything! Keep us up to date!

skyclad

Howdy

#10 Post by skyclad »

Bamagirl,
Welcome to the board.

Idolfan4,
I get mine on the same day you get yours off.

For all others, I will be 33 in sept.
When you win, nothing hurts....Joe Namath

BamaGirl

#11 Post by BamaGirl »

Thanks for all of the support!! I'm getting more nervous the closer it gets!! :)

Got my DentaKit in the mail yesterday so I'm ready!! LOL Now I just have to decide which WaterPik to go with!! I want to have everything ready before B-day!! :lol: :lol: :lol: