Braces tomorrow, put a call into the ortho.....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tamiel34

Braces tomorrow, put a call into the ortho.....

#1 Post by Tamiel34 »

My appointment to get my braces is tomorrow morning, but I just don't feel comfortable about my orthos recommendation ( I've posted this here before, just need more info.) I have a molar missing on the bottom left side. I have my wisdom tooth in and it is a healthy tooth. He wants to pull the wisdom tooth out, staighten up the molar, and when I finish with braces I'll need and implant or bridge. The only reason he gave me when I seen him was he has never been successful moving those teeth in adults. I'm 35, but I seen an ortho about 7 years ago and he had no problem with closing that gap. I put a call into my orthos office today because I really want him to say that he will at least give it a shot since I'm not having the extractions right away. If he says that he won't consider it I don't know what I will do! If put braces off for so long, what a pain if I need to see someone else. :evil: I'll keep you guy's posted.

jennielee81

#2 Post by jennielee81 »

I would ask him, if his response isn't what you want, go see someone else for a consult and ask about that specific problem.

Please do keep us posted! :D
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Tamiel34

#3 Post by Tamiel34 »

As soon as I posted, my ortho called. I'm so glad I called him!!!! :D He said he would was going to try erverything he could to fill the gap!!!! He also said I would not need molar bands in the back, he would use brackets!!!! What a weight off my shoulders! :D

lz

#4 Post by lz »

I'm so glad you got what you wanted him to do :)
Please let us know how tomorrow goes!! I'm getting my braces Thursday so I love hearing other stories on how it goes :)

MandyJane

#5 Post by MandyJane »

Good luck :banana: