alternating tooth pain

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

candycin

alternating tooth pain

#1 Post by candycin »

Is it normal for teeth to take turns hurting. I am 3 weeks in and have teeth that seem to hurt and then not and then the tooth that hurts me changes to another tooth. Today all of sudden one of my front top teeth is really hurting(pressure and feels tight) is this due to moving?
It is the tooth that is most crooked.

spimpy

#2 Post by spimpy »

Absolutely! No pain - no gain is what I say!

With the technology of braces today, your teeth are CONTINUOUSLY in movement, but I think that they begin to really hurt once the root has made a significant amount of movement/progress.

PAIN IS WONDERFUL!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P

candycin

#3 Post by candycin »

thanks for the info. I wrote that post about 1 hour ago and the discomfort i felt in that tooth is already gone. I should clarify and say it is not pain but a uncomfortable pressure. I almost get excited when i am feeling things since I am only 3 weeks into this and see no difference yet. Some teeth are more senistive then others.

candycin

#4 Post by candycin »

Wow!!!! you answer my questions quickly!!!
Thanks for that! YOu really are very informative.
this is such a scary,exciting phase in my life but nice to know that others have done it and have had the same feelings and questions and are so willing to share thier experiences.

thanks for that