Does anyone have the new inovation braces? (clear)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

acehigh

Does anyone have the new inovation braces? (clear)

#1 Post by acehigh »

I had my braces put on 4 months ago, and was wondering if anyone else has had the new inovation braces put on. The brackets are clear, even though they do stick out a bit from your teeth. The little trap door on each bracket that holds the archwire in place is silver. They're self-ligating. They are the newest bracket, and the ortho was so happy he finally got them in his office. (Fall 2006). I live in Canada. 8)

lizzoo

#2 Post by lizzoo »

I know danielle80 has them and she has a picture up in her braces journal. I'm supposed to be getting them May 15th. How do you like them Ace?

acehigh

#3 Post by acehigh »

They are nice, and for myself I personally like them better than the metal ones. My teeth are moving fast. When you first have braces put on, the archwires are kind of all over the place. (I thought my teeth were pretty straight to begin with, so this shocked me....lol) As time goes on the archwires straighten, and it looks so much nicer. I can't say I've had much discomfort at all. The first week takes some getting used to, but after that it's really not bad. (Your cheeks and lips are a little sore at first until you get used to them). I believe they are the latest self-ligating braces. (By GAC Inovation).

lizzoo

#4 Post by lizzoo »

I think there are only 2 members besides you who have inovation c brackets and I was hoping I would be able to see how it actually looks on real people before I got them. But it's really good to hear that they are working well for you and I hope they work out for me just as well.

str8teeth

#5 Post by str8teeth »

Acehigh, I know exactly what you mean about looking at the archwire and seeing just how crooked your teeth really are. lol I always thought my teeth were fairly straight too...but once my braces were on and I saw how crooked that wire was...wow. I was SO happy that I'd made the decision to get them! Anyway, I'm using the InOvation C and love them. I'm really happy that I got them. I have them on all my top teeth except for one back molar on each side. I'm getting them on the front six bottom teeth in just under three weeks. I can hardly wait!