Painful Chocolate!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Clairey Fairey

Painful Chocolate!!

#1 Post by Clairey Fairey »

I did a bad thing -
I ate a cadburys cream egg yesterday!!! (Ok it's not that bad)

Yey I was so happy to finally have one, but the bad thing was that it hurt to get into it (must have taken me about 5 mins just to bite into it), but I carried on eating it, even though my teeth were hurting. Bearing in mind it hasn't hurt to eat for about a week now, so this must have been a tough egg if it was hurting my teeth.

Today my teeth are really hurting!! It's like eating with spacers in again :(

Only on my left side though. My advice is....

Avoid Cadburys Cream Eggs!!
Last edited by Clairey Fairey on Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kat

#2 Post by Kat »

HAAAA! NEVER!

acehigh

Eating cadbury eggs with braces on

#3 Post by acehigh »

Last week I bought one of those Caramilk Cadbury Eggs. All you have to do to enjoy it is cut it into pieces. It was great. Of course you have to go slow when biting down. It's chocolate, it eventually melts. :P

Clairey Fairey

#4 Post by Clairey Fairey »

:oops:

I shall be chopping up the rest!!

Betty Bat

#5 Post by Betty Bat »

I found mini-Cadbury eggs this year. The label said that a serving was 3 of them, so you can get an idea of how small they were. There were 12 of them in a small plastic box that looked like an egg carton.

One advantage to these is the ratio of chocolate to filling. Because each one is individual, just right to pop in your mouth, there is more chocolate per serving!

Jillianleab

#6 Post by Jillianleab »

My hubby makes fun of me for how I eat Cadbury Cream Eggs! I bite the top off and scoop all the filling out with my finger. Then I break pieces of the chocolate shell off and let them melt in my mouth.

He also laughs as how I eat caramel apples; I scrape all the caramel and peanuts off with my fingers THEN eat the apple...

Now that I write it down it does seem a bit silly, lol!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

Clairey Fairey

#7 Post by Clairey Fairey »

when I eat Jaffa Cakes I tend to eat round the orange bit in the middle and get the orange bit to eat whole at the end, same with Jammie Dogers aswell, I leave the Jam bit until the end!!
That's a shame Claire ... and also weird that they hurt your teeth so much. I love them and have no problems biting into them ... but maybe you bit with teeth that weren't quite ready for that amount of pressure yet!
I think thats it, I don't think they were quite ready to take on a Cadburys Cream Egg yet!!

Willz

#8 Post by Willz »

I suck them :P

Lisa65

#9 Post by Lisa65 »

I had a cream egg the other night, after my ortho had tightened the jigs on my molars. Somehow the discomfort had managed to get right round to my front teeth and I ended up having to cut the top off the egg because I couldn't bite it. :(

Once I had it cut into pieces I managed to deal with it by a combination of sucking and chewing with my back teeth, but that particular evening I couldn't even bite into a banana! :banana:

Blackcat

#10 Post by Blackcat »

I had my stash of Creme Eggs imported by various viting friends but only have 5 left now. My teeth were also killing after an over-enthusiastic visit to the ortho but where there's a will there's a way... I also cut mine into little bits and just let them melt in the roof of my mouth! Yummy! It's a great test of strength of character not to chomp them and such a great break from weet-a-bix :lol:
Proud to be a METAL HEAD!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Clairey Fairey

#11 Post by Clairey Fairey »

They should sell them all year, but then I may not appriciate them as much!!

Now to start on my Galaxy Caramel Egg...yum yum.

mbarbi

#12 Post by mbarbi »

still can't eat chocolate with nougat or nuts in them...i miss toblerone :(

loulou123

#13 Post by loulou123 »

Cant comment on the cream egg itself as i dont like them! I no its shocking! :shock:

But i had a similar experiance with a chocolate bunny...my boyfriend brought it for me and as it was obviously quite expensive the chocolate was very thick (usually a good thing!) but no matter how i positioned it in my teeth i just couldnt bite through it without my teeth hurting. :?

In the end i decided id have to break it into smaller pieces, so my boyfriend walked in to see me attacking the bunny with a rolling pin! :lol:

Well i had to eat it somehow didnt i?!

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

http://adultwithbraces.blogspot.com/

Blackcat

#14 Post by Blackcat »

Enjoy your egg Clairey Fairy!!!! :D
Proud to be a METAL HEAD!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]