Brackets....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KateG

Brackets....

#1 Post by KateG »

Please, does anybody have any advice? How do you suggest to your orthodontist that he might have put a bracket in the wrong place? I've had Damons top and bottom for seven weeks. The bracket on the right central incisor is much nearer the bottom edge of the tooth than that on the left, and in the last ten days the incisor has been pushed up (ouch!) and the lateral on that side has been dragged down. In effect as the wire is straightening my teeth are getting more uneven. :?

jennielee81

#2 Post by jennielee81 »

I concur!

If your ortho doesn't notice it as a problem, mention it.

It may be part of the "grand plan" he has for your teeth.

I had several intruded, it was no big deal. If it is by mistake, the extrusion is equally NBD...

Something you will find as you go along in your treatment is that sometimes things get worse before they get better, AND if something is moved wrong, it is quite easy to move it right again....in MOST cases! :thumbsup:

My ortho once said to me, "I can laugh at that, because I can fix it!!"
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

KateG

#3 Post by KateG »

Thanks very much for the advice. Not to panic too much! I have my first adjustment this afternoon so I'll try to ask my ortho or the assistant.

KateG

#4 Post by KateG »

First adjustment went smoothly. Thanks to everyone here I was ready for the loose feeling when the wire came off. So I now have a slightly heavier wire on top but no change on the bottom.
I asked him about the uneven brackets and the fact that the central has been pushed in and the lateral pulled out so it's now as low as the canine. He assured me that it wasn't a problem and they could be levelled out later. Is that right? Have other people had teeth pulled out a bit and then pushed back? I keep finding scary articles about how it shortens the root. :?