I did it

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

skibunnie29

I did it

#1 Post by skibunnie29 »

I actually got braces today. I can't believe I didn't do it sooner. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had in my head. The top look great, can't even tell I'm wearing braces. I have the inspire ICE on top and metal on bottom. I already needed wax on the bottoms. It went so fast! I feel really weird, but I"m glad I finally did it. :)

Thanks for everyone's support on this site. I'm now an adult with braces.
Braced April 26th 2007
Inspire ICE on top.
Metal on bottom.

ccrisis

#2 Post by ccrisis »

Congratulations skibun!!!! What's on the dinner menu for tonight???
Braced 03-09-07
Ceramic Uppers
Metal Lowers

LynnHowell

#3 Post by LynnHowell »

Wow! Congratulations!! :wink:
Upper Ceramic: 8/13/04
Lower Metal: 01/13/05
Removed: 4/19/07 (finally!)

Retainers:
Upper Clear Hawley
Lower fixed & Essix
Lower fixed removed 7/06/07 (due to a small space). Lower Fuschia Hawley 7/18/07
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www.lynnhowell.com

Tamiel34

#4 Post by Tamiel34 »

Welcome to the club Skibunnie! :D Best of luck to you on your journey! :tingrin:

loulou123

#5 Post by loulou123 »

Congratulations on taking the leap and dont be afraid to use the wax as much as you need to it really does help in the early days. :D :lol:

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

http://adultwithbraces.blogspot.com/

skibunnie29

#6 Post by skibunnie29 »

Shakes and soup are on the menu. My poor teeth hurt. :( I felt great after they went on, a few hours later, I'm feeling it.

I got a compliment from my ortho though. He said my gums are 1000 better then my initial consultation and he said he can tell I'm committed to doing this right. He said I'll have a beautiful smile when I'm done. It's worth the discomfort for the final result. And Yippie! No more TMJ after this is done. :)
Braced April 26th 2007
Inspire ICE on top.
Metal on bottom.

MissSMILEY

#7 Post by MissSMILEY »

It's been 3 weeks and I'm still on the shakes and soup diet. Oddly, I was like you, wondering why I didn't do it sooner. Even with the soft foods diet, it's not so bad. Welcome and enjoy!!!

3Scorpios

#8 Post by 3Scorpios »

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mbraced

#9 Post by Mbraced »

I hear you guys on the shakes and soup thing. I had to go shopping again just so I could try to eat, which I really don't even feel like doing because then I have to try to clean my teeth. This braces thing is going to be a heck of a diet plan! But I wasn't looking for a diet plan, I like to eat. Oh well, what can you do?

skibunnie29

#10 Post by skibunnie29 »

Wow brushing only 2 times a day. :) I have to brush at least 4 times a day since being in braces. I heard that massages the gums and stimulates blood flow. I can't stand cleaning food out of them. I'm really hoping that gets better. I have been eating noodles and protein shakes because I had eggs that I needed to pick out of my brackets and I almost fainted. I need to get a stronger tummy if I'm going to eat like a normal person in braces. :)
Braced April 26th 2007
Inspire ICE on top.
Metal on bottom.

jennielee81

#11 Post by jennielee81 »

How is it going? You're a few days in ....

I agree with everyone about chewing. Get-r-done!

Your attitude sounds great!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm