Six month progress pics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lisaemtp

Six month progress pics

#1 Post by lisaemtp »

I have my third adjustment on Tuesday and thought I'd take some progress pictures since it has been a while - and WOW! Even though my incisors had come into line my arch was still really lopsided, but now - I have an arch! An actual round straight one! I'm giddy :D

(If the picture doesn't work, it's also the most recent post on my blog.)

You know what my favorite thing is? Biting into a sandwich and seeing my bite in the bread. It's the little things :D My treatment time was estimated at two years, and the only major thing left to do is finish fixing my crossbite. I'm going to ask my ortho on Tuesday if he thinks that will take a year and a half, or if I have a new timeline. (I still haven't learned to be patient!)

Lisa

aschelkin

#2 Post by aschelkin »

WOW!!! You have had so much progress and your arch looks amazing!

I got Damon braces on a month ago and have a very similar arch as your "before" photo. It is so inspiring to see that I may actually have a U shaped arch like yours - I can only hope that my 6 month progress photos will look nearly as fantastic as yours.

Good luck & I hope your treatment time may be shortened. However, if you're gonna do it, you might as well do it right! What's an extra 6 months compared to a lifetime of perfect teeth?!

Congrats again on the super results :D

LynnHowell

#3 Post by LynnHowell »

Wow, that's a lot of improvement! Your teeth look great. :)
Upper Ceramic: 8/13/04
Lower Metal: 01/13/05
Removed: 4/19/07 (finally!)

Retainers:
Upper Clear Hawley
Lower fixed & Essix
Lower fixed removed 7/06/07 (due to a small space). Lower Fuschia Hawley 7/18/07
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www.lynnhowell.com

dugsmom

#4 Post by dugsmom »

Your teeth look absolutely amazing!!!! I am shocked how much progress they have made in just 6 months!!! They look really great!! Thanx for sharing the pictures!!

Clairey Fairey

#5 Post by Clairey Fairey »

Wow your teeth look amazing, great progress :D

acehigh

#6 Post by acehigh »

Your teeth look very nice!! Hard to believe how much progress can be made in six months. :wink:

acehigh

#7 Post by acehigh »

Your teeth look very nice!! Hard to believe how much progress can be made in six months. :P

Zondrae

#8 Post by Zondrae »

Lisa your teeth look amazing for such a short time!

And can you believe I even went across the room to show my husband the arch shaped bite I took out of a piece of bread the other day?? :lol: You are so right - it's the little things.

sashamax

#9 Post by sashamax »

wow what amazing progress. I hope its all good news from the ortho re your treatment time. I have no idea how long a cross bite can take to fix - surely not 18 months though?

good luck, I hope your progress continues at the same amazing pace!

LaaLaa

#10 Post by LaaLaa »

Holy guacamole!! :shock: Your teeth look beyond amazing and to think it made that much of a difference in such a short amount of time!! :wink: I have somewhat of a similar problem on my uppers so your pictures really made my day. :D

lz

#11 Post by lz »

WOW That is amazing!!!! You have made great progress.
I have a question...
The teeth on the sides that were sunken in did they (when you bit down) go behind your lower teeth? My one on top does that and I don't see how it will move since its always going behind I feel my teeth need to not touch for it to be able to move. Is this the case? I hope this makes sense.

skyclad

Nice arch

#12 Post by skyclad »

That is awesome progress for six months. Hopefully you wont be in for much longer.
When you win, nothing hurts....Joe Namath

lisaemtp

#13 Post by lisaemtp »

Thanks everyone for your kind responses! Lz - the laterals were behind my bottom teeth in the beginning but never interfered with my chewing, but when they started to move forward there was a period of about three months where one or the other (or both) would land right on top of the bottoms when I bit down, which meant the molars didn't touch - which was really painful if I accidentally bit down too hard!

Lisa

lz

#14 Post by lz »

Thanks for your reply to my question I surely appreciate it.
Good to know that it works itself out :) cause I've really been wondering about how it would
thanks again and ur teeth look GREAT!!!

Dimples

#15 Post by Dimples »

your teeth look great!