Loose expander!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

atxjen

Loose expander!!

#1 Post by atxjen »

I have had my upper expander for about 2 weeks and this morning I woke up with terrible pain on the upper left side of my mouth. Later that day I discovered that on the left side it seems like the expander has become unbonded from my teeth! It is clear that the left side is much lower than the right and it is not straight anymore. My ortho's office is closed until Monday morning so I don't know what to do for the next 3 and 1/2 days! My mouth hurts so bad (it was fine until now). Should I continue to turn the expander? (I have been turning twice a day) Any advice?

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I do belive most orthos have an emergency contact number, I know mine does so if anything goes wrong I could give them a phone call.

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

spaced*out

#3 Post by spaced*out »

That doesn't seem very good at all. My expander hasen't came unbonded yet . I would definately call.

Amburly

#4 Post by Amburly »

Yes call asap, my expander came loose and my ortho got me in that day. To fix a loose expander they have to take the expander out all the way, clean the cement off of the bands and your teeth then they re-glue all of your bands back on....Well unless you are "lucky" like I was and they break your expander when removing it and then you get to go hope expanderless and then go in the next day to have it replaced with a brand new one.

Hope you get that fixed soon!!!!

atxjen

#5 Post by atxjen »

I went in Monday morning and they took it off. He then told me no more expander!! I only had it for two weeks so I guess I got off easy! I am not sure why he decided that though! I didn't want to ask and end up with another one-ha ha!