BRACES ON TODAY!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kellyw :-)

BRACES ON TODAY!

#1 Post by Kellyw :-) »

I'm getting my braces on in less than 6 hours (clear brackets upper and lower). I'm petrified. Thought it would be a good idea to get last appointment of the day so I could rest in bed later but now I've realised it means I've got the whole day to worry. :cry:

If anyone could give me an idea of what the next few days/weeks will be like I'd really appreciate it.

pegasus

#2 Post by pegasus »

Good luck on getting your braces today! Everything will go fine I'm sure, and you will get lots of support from these boards. :-1

Kellyw :-)

#3 Post by Kellyw :-) »

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLYS. I HAVE HAD MY BRACES ON FOR LESS THAN FIVE HOURS N I ALREADY FEEL BETTER ABOUT THEM. :D AT FIRST MY MOUTH FELT LIKE THE BRACES STICKING OUT BUT NOW IM FINE APART FROM A BIT OF RUBBING AT THE BACK.

bracieb

#4 Post by bracieb »

What they said...

And I ate my roast beef sandwich with a knife and fork at work yesterday. :lol: We laughed at me together.

I just couldn't bite into it anymore after a few bites. ouch!

You'll do great- just don't sweat it! Do the things you need to do to make it more comfortable, and then get on with your life. :D

Miss Smiley

#5 Post by Miss Smiley »

Congrats :-)o The next few weeks will probably be more interesting with your new/additional hygiene regiment and eating habits. Other than that, life will go on as planned! Fun stuff trying to get roast beef out of all those hiding places huh?