Ortho hasn't put bracket back on - tooth moved

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

slyder

Ortho hasn't put bracket back on - tooth moved

#1 Post by slyder »

Hi,

A couple of months ago one of my brackets pinged off during an adjustment. It was one of my upper back ones.

The Ortho said that to put in the final thick archwire, he would have to leave the bracket off, as it would ping off again.

Everytime since I have been back for an adjustment, he has said it doesn't need to go back on. However I think this tooth has now shifted out of alignment with the rest of my bracketed teeth!

I'm feeling a bit annoyed by this, should I just point it out to him, and ask to have it bracketed again?

nice teeth

#2 Post by nice teeth »

Hi

That happened to me to, my bracket on my bottom molar came off and I keep asking them when they will put it back on and they really never get around to doing it.

Now when I look at my teeth you can really see that the molar is out of place. I'm assuming that it's not going to affect the final out come of teeth, but I'm not sure.