is anyone else getting braced in june?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dimples

is anyone else getting braced in june?

#1 Post by Dimples »

Hey there,

I only have 25 more days until I get my braces and I can't wait.
I wish i could've gotten them sooner, but I had other things i needed to take care of.
Anyway, is there anyone else who is getting braced in JUNE? My brace date is june 8th, clear uppers, metal lowers.
If so, how about a count down to brace day thread???

June is taking for ever to get here! LOL!!!

artsyalice

#2 Post by artsyalice »

dimples,
OMG! I'm getting braced June 7th - clear uppers and metal lowers (bite plate too)! Awesome! I'm actually going for my records appointment tomorrow.

As I get closer I feel like I"m getting cold feet. I'm so glad you are excited - I'm more filled with worry and dread about it!

How long do they think you'll be in them?
Alice

minlou01

#3 Post by minlou01 »

I'm getting mine on June 4th. I'm getting Damon 3's clear on the top front and metal on the rest. I can't wait to get started! My Ortho told me I would have them for 24-30 months.

insanemommy03

#4 Post by insanemommy03 »

Hey All!!

I am getting braced on May 25th!! I am counting down the days!! I honestly can't wait to get started...

My Timeline...

Tomorrow - Getting Stitches removed from Bi-Cuspid Extraction

Saturday - Spacers

Next Wed. - 2 Fillings to get.... YUCKY!!

Next Friday May 25th - FINALLY getting braces!!!

Will you all be takin pics of your journey?!?!?

I look forward to chatting with ya all thru this!!!

:D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by insanemommy03 on Mon May 14, 2007 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carolinahigh12

#5 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

I am assuming I am getting braces in June, just dont know when. I just had records done :( and I am getting my teeth cleaned on June 4th, but will have my ortho presentation for treatment on May 31st. So as of right now, I will be getting braced in June!!!

So welcome all "Junies" and hope your journey starts and ends well. :-88
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

minlou01

#6 Post by minlou01 »

Meryaten wrote:Welcome, minlou! And congratulations on getting rolling with your orthodontic treatment :thumbsup:

ImageImage

(Disclaimer: I am not a dental professional nor do I play one on television)
Thanks! I've waited a long, long, long time to do this, so I am very excited. I am 33 years old. I just had my birthday a couple of weeks ago and I realized that I am so excited about this year bc I am really focused on achieving what I want out of this year! Getting braces was one of the things on my list!

Dimples

#7 Post by Dimples »

Haye everybody!!!

Artsyalice my estimated treatment time is 16 to 18 months. my records appointment is on june 4th. I have to call tommorrow to schedule a cleaning.it's worth

I'm glad i'm not the only one getting braced in june.

Let's keep each other updated and motivated.

Don't get cold feet, it'll be worth it in the end !!!

Meryeaten I won't forget! LOL and I always keep lip balm in my purse.

Genie

#8 Post by Genie »

Hi! I'm also sheduled to be braced in June. I'm getting my extractions and probably spacers this Saturday. My brace date is 2nd June but I'm thinking of doing the extractions of all 4 bicuspids together. That may move my brace day a little earlier... into May! You think I should ask the doctor to extract all 4 biscuspids at once? A wise choice? I'm scared it will be ultra painful!

Dimples

#9 Post by Dimples »

Hi Genie,

Talk to your ortho first and see what he/she says. Me personally, I've had 3 wisdom teeth pulled and after 2 days, and 800 MG of ibuprophren, I was fine.

welcome to the June Braces club! LOL!

Carolinahigh12

#10 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

Genie I agree with Dimples

I would ask first to see, but I am pretty sure he and the OS would have discussed what teeth he wanted removed to start your treatment. If he/she wants all of them removed at once, then I would go ahead and get it out of the way. I had two wisdom teeth removed and all I took was 800 mg of motrin and followed the care instructions to the tee. Drink plenty of fluids and give yourself a reason to eat all the vanilla (my favorite) ice cream you want :)

I think that should be the easiest extractions to have compaired to impacted wisdom teeth. Read up on dry socket and after-care for teeth removal.
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

adrienne

#11 Post by adrienne »

well .. i have my consultation in june .. not sure when i will be braced though.
i still have to wait for 3 weeks before my consultation .. but it seems to take forever!!
;ADRIENNE
RPE for one month: 45 turns
quad-helix, lingual arch
ceramic braces for 18 months

braces off!

lindsayfbw

Not quite June, but almost!

#12 Post by lindsayfbw »

My braces are coming on on May 31. I got spacers put in today (they felt fine this morning, but as the day goes on, my teeth are really aching) and I'm having 4 teeth out tomorrow. I'm getting all metal braces until September, then everything's coming off for my wedding, then clear on top and metal on the bottom for the duration. I'll definitely be checking in throughout the process. Thanks for all the great info!

insanemommy03

#13 Post by insanemommy03 »

Genie,

I just had my 4 bicuspids removed last tuesday! I had them put me to sleep. Boy am I glad they did too!! 4 teeth at once is alot!! I just got my stitches out today!! Didn't hurt a bit!! actually felt good!!!

I am so glad that I did it that way! if you have any questions I am here!!!

Good Luck!! :)

Genie

#14 Post by Genie »

Thanks for the advice guys! Great to hear about your good wisdom teeth extraction experience, Dimples and Carolinahigh. Mine (about 2 years ago) wasn't so great and I'm having jitters about extractions. Nevertheless extraction is something I have to go brave through! I'm definately searching the forum for an after extraction care guide :D

I'll ask my ortho tomorrow when I go for the extractions and let u guys know. Good luck for all your treatments!

bracedat34

#15 Post by bracedat34 »

My brace day is June 6th!!!

Just had a wisdom tooth pulled and one exposed (MAJOR PAIN AND SWELLING) on Thursday. Get my spacers next Tuesday and then FINALLY the braces. As painful as it was having that tooth exposed, I sure hope that is the worst pain I go through during this process, or I may just chicken out!

Good luck to all who get their braces this month!!!