Do your teeth get sore after you talk a lot?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bracieb

Do your teeth get sore after you talk a lot?

#1 Post by bracieb »

I had to do a lot of talking to my classes today at work and my teeth are a bit sore. I think my lips press on my upper front teeth when I talk a lot- I also noticed it after a family dinner on the weekend. I noticed the bend in my archwire cut up my upper lip, too- I was dying for wax but couldn't interrupt the presnetation to get some. Ouch!

Does this happen to others? Should be trying to teach myself to speak with more relaxed lips? (how the heck do I do THAT?) My ortho did tell me that my "Strong" lips are what pushed my upper front teeth too far in in the first place. I don't recall the exact term he used, but it is common, apparently. Maybe I'm just too tense :shock:

Makes me wonder what will happen when I get the braces off... will I just push my teeth back in again?

kirjax

#2 Post by kirjax »

yes. I did a lot of talking yesterday and by the time I came home I was ready for wax! But I am doing good about leaving the wax off all day the best I can to get used to the full feeling of it all.

Sentenced: 20-24 months
Braced May 11, 2007
Debraced Feb. 23, 2009
21 months in braces, 17 months in elastic, NO regrets!! Now in Hawley retainers!!

bracesafter40

Re: Do your teeth get sore after you talk a lot?

#3 Post by bracesafter40 »

Yes :-(. Nothing helps, but to stop talking...
http://bracesafter40.blogspot.com
Bridge Sectioned: Feb. 14, 2007
Last Pre-braces cleaning: Feb. 20, 2007
#21 Extraction: Feb. 20, 2007
Sentenced: 32 months
Top Braced: Feb 28, 2007
Bottom Braced: Apr. 4, 2007
New Ortho on Apr. 25, 2008
May 6; fluorescent blue ligs incl. upper powerchains. 2 elastics; Sept. 2, 2008.
Next Adj.: July 7, 2009 at 8:30a

bracieb

#4 Post by bracieb »

At least I am not alone. I will keep my water bottle handy today- lots more art history to get through.

Next appt I will ask my ortho about relapse.
Thanks everyone! :)

SDFD TSchott

#5 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I Keep well hydrated but that doesn't really help either. I had a long presentation for class *FINALS* to do and that ended up wipeing out my voice, and I had a slight acheing in my teeth.

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Tin Indian

#6 Post by Tin Indian »

:D My mouth tends to dry up a bit when really talking it up. I try to keep it hydrated which does help or chewing gum which activate my saliva glands. I also like to put on lip balm to keep things sliding along nicely.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08