Surgery for overbite??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dr Jon Harrow

Surgery for overbite??

#1 Post by Dr Jon Harrow »

:cry: Hi friends
I saw a second orthodontist for a second opinion last tuesday, and She pretty much agreed with the first ortho that treament is going to be slow, because of the lack of bone where teeth are to move to, and that I have got to be patient...which I'm not very good at, but am getting better :) , but of more concern is that She said my present ortho was being very heroic with my overbite, and that because of the loss of the two lower molars, it was going to be very difficult to correct, that is without surgery... so what does this involve..any ideas from the forum?
The second ortho has said She would not bother..but the overbite is wearing my upper teeth, especially with the Crohns (reflux/ vomiting), and if i lose them then, crowns bridges etc are not an answer, due to gum issues and diabetes, so has anyone been in this situation. Plus (yes theres more), for my lower Implants I will need bone grafts, has anyone had this done also.
Thanks. :lol:
Jon XXX