Do I need braces? [pic included]

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kate

Do I need braces? [pic included]

#1 Post by Kate »

Hi.
I am unsure if braces are neccasary or not?

My peers say I should, but my Dentist AND orthadontist say they are not neccasary :?

What do you think??
Image[/list]

gerbilburp

#2 Post by gerbilburp »

looks fairly straight but very hard to judge from quality of picture

Kate

#3 Post by Kate »

The bottom are fairly straight but no space and 2 are almost 90' twisted.
They top middle teeth turn in.
Ill try resize the pic

Zondrae

#4 Post by Zondrae »

if your dentist & ortho say no, I'd say no is the correct answer. Your peers don't really have any dental training after all. :D

cally

#5 Post by cally »

I can see how the front teeth would bug ME..I have similar issues with mine. I also have bite issues and lower crowding. I've been in braces a month now.

Definitely seek a few other opionions if YOU are not satisfied with your smile. If your problems are "tweaking," Invisalign might be a good option.

Cally

nice teeth

#6 Post by nice teeth »

How come I can't see anyones pics :? Is my computer missing something?

kirjax

#7 Post by kirjax »

I think this has to be your choice and not that of your ortho or your friends.

My teeth clearly needed some straightening and all my friends thought I was crazy to get braces bc they thought my teeth were fine. It's bc they were used to me and my smile.

However for myself I needed to have this done. I want to build more confidence. So for me it was a personal decision.

I think your teeth from the picture look fine. But like I said this is your personal decision.

Sentenced: 20-24 months
Braced May 11, 2007
Debraced Feb. 23, 2009
21 months in braces, 17 months in elastic, NO regrets!! Now in Hawley retainers!!