Debanded while Pregnant

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

scrubalinda

Debanded while Pregnant

#1 Post by scrubalinda »

I wanted to post this question to "Ask the Docs", but I don't see it any more.

Basically, I just got my debanding appointment set, and on that date I will be 6-7 months pregnant. Does it seem like there would be any issues with this?

It can't be done any sooner... I would really love to have them off before I have the baby. What do you think?
Upper Ceramics on July 20, 2005
Lower Metals on November 17, 2005
Estimated Treatment Time - 30+ months

idolfan4

#2 Post by idolfan4 »

I think that's awesome that you'll have your braces off before your baby is born. When your baby sees you for the first time, the baby will see what a georgeous smile his/her mommy has.

Braces Came On: August 2nd, 2005
Braces Came Off: April 19th, 2007

rsprouse

#3 Post by rsprouse »

There is nothing about debanding that cannot be done while pregnant. Your patient napkin will be a little higher but that is no biggie :D

Any post-op radiographs will likely be taken a few months later after you have your child. But the actual debanding is no big deal.

Godo Luck,
Rory

CheekyMonkey

#4 Post by CheekyMonkey »

I have no helpful advice but I wanted to say CONGRATS!!!