Another visit, Another contraption - Updated with Pics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

CheekyMonkey

Another visit, Another contraption - Updated with Pics

#1 Post by CheekyMonkey »

Seems every time I see the ortho I leave with some more hardware, and all to bring a baby tooth where he should have been 15 years ago!!

Long story short: I USED to have a great smile with straight teeth. I had a baby canine still with me and an adult canine behind it. Both lived in relative harmony until I decided to fix the 15 year old problem with braces. Braces go on,with an expander to accompany it. Last week I had ole baby toof removed.

Fast forward to today:

Had a bracket put on Big T (this is what I call the adult tooth that will take his rightful place in front of my mouth). The bracket isn't attached yet to the archwire as it is still too far back, so it's sort of attached via another thing.

Had some BIG BOOTY BONDING put on my back teeth so that my bite doesn't meet, which will allow Big T to move forward without obstacle as his path is obstrcuted every time I bite.

I am really uncomfortable and if I thought chewing was a "challenge" before, its dang near impossible now.

I'll post pics later if any of you are truly interested.

Still have yet to come across someone with the same thing, as it seems most folks just have canines that aren't descended yet.

Man, thousands of dollars, tons of pain, lots of contraptions all for ONE TOOTH. But it's worth it, right?

RIGHT??
Pictures below. Forgive the blurriness, the camera is new and I don't know how to work such new fangled machinery.

Image[/img]
Last edited by CheekyMonkey on Tue May 29, 2007 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bracesafter40

Re: Another visit, Another contraption

#2 Post by bracesafter40 »

I'll post pics later if any of you are truly interested.

Still have yet to come across someone with the same thing, as it seems most folks just have canines that aren't descended yet.
please post pics so we can see. I have a tooth sitting in the back as well; look here - Image
http://bracesafter40.blogspot.com
Bridge Sectioned: Feb. 14, 2007
Last Pre-braces cleaning: Feb. 20, 2007
#21 Extraction: Feb. 20, 2007
Sentenced: 32 months
Top Braced: Feb 28, 2007
Bottom Braced: Apr. 4, 2007
New Ortho on Apr. 25, 2008
May 6; fluorescent blue ligs incl. upper powerchains. 2 elastics; Sept. 2, 2008.
Next Adj.: July 7, 2009 at 8:30a

alliphd

#3 Post by alliphd »

I'll be getting bonding on my molars as well - not looking forward to it, but from everything I've heard and read it gets better!

(Click WWW link for the details!)

cally

#4 Post by cally »

Hmmmmmmm, from my uneducated assessment, you have more than "one tooth" that will be reaping the benefits of treatment! Your smile is going to be STUNNING when everything is moved into place!

Cally

Dimples

#5 Post by Dimples »

LOL @ big booty bonding!

Your teeth are coming along nicely.