7 Orthos Visited (finally made decision) and a looney recept

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gerbilburp

7 Orthos Visited (finally made decision) and a looney recept

#1 Post by gerbilburp »

After having visited a total of 7 different orthodontists (yup you got that right seven) i finally made a decision

Going to have 12 brackets installed on Tuesday and have three 2nd bicuspids removed with two on top and 1 on the bottom since i have a 2nd molar already removed and they don't want to take out anymore. I wont have brackets on all the teeth since they want to remove the teeth then slowly bring back each tooth for two months then put brackets on the next teeth and move those back to close the gaps.

The regular orthodontist is awesome but I hate their receptionist. I called up the other day so i could get a copy of my x-rays so i could show them to another ortho to compare treatments and asked how much it would cost to get a copy. She immediately barked at me and asked what was my name I gave her my name then she said 35 dollars and hung up.

Then she emails the orthodontist saying that I asked for a copy of x-rays and that I will be leaving there practice and be going to a outside orthodontist.

I came in today to have my spacers re-put in since one of the other ortho's took them out and I lied to my regular ortho and told him that i ate some taffy and they came out :?

While he was putting new ones in he noticed that they were very hard to put in and said that he probably thinks that i went to a outside ortho and they took them out so i felt kinda bad that he hinted that he knew what happened

He was concerned that i would be going to another orthodontist for treatment since there receptionist told him in writing that ill be leaving.
I told him that i never said that and that she was assuming things

I cant believe that I'm paying for a $3,500 service so i can hear some receptionist acting like she pays me and on top of that she has to listen to me like I'm interrupting from hey job... the reason shes there is because of me!

I'm in the volunteer fire department and there wouldn't make anyone in the fire department any happier then come to your house and listen to what you have to say and help you out and not ask for a penny at 4 in the morning.

Well wish me luck Tuesday and uh stop me if I'm wrong about how the receptionist is acting :D

iBorg

#2 Post by iBorg »

I'll agree with my learned colleagues (at least this time) concerning the wash of actions. During your treatment you will see enough of the receptionist that it makes no sense to antagonize her. Maybe that day just wasn't her day. Maybe you can smile at her and brighten her day the next time you see her.

It takes as much if not more energy to be angry as it takes to be happy. Your mood infects others, much like the receptionist infected your mood. Who would you rather be around, those that are happy or those that are angry?

I've been both happy and angry. I feel SOOO much better smiling and happy than frowning and angry.
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.