Started ortho treatment today (Crozat)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

miasmama

Started ortho treatment today (Crozat)

#1 Post by miasmama »

Hello folks! I posted on here not to long ago about how I was going to start my ortho treatment by getting an appliance called the "Crozat" I have to have this wire on for 9 months before the braces go on. This is an alternative to pulling 4 teeth (not wisdom teeth either, those are already gone). This wire is going to stretch my palette because of crowding in the front. Once my teeth are moved and my palette expands in width the braces can go on. But let me tell you I am kind of miserable right now. :? I'm okay with the fact that my mouth and teeth are sore but trying to eat is SO HARD with a wire on the top and bottom of your mouth. Ugh. 9 months of this. I know, I know I shouldn't complain, I chose to get braces so I just gotta toughin up and deal. I know the pain and annoyance will be worth it when I have a straight beautiful smile. ((Positive thoughts))
Has anyone else had the Crozat appliance? How did you deal? I didn't seem to find anyone last time I posted. Hmmm.
I will post pics once I get a hold of my camera I don't have it with me right now.
Here is a website I found with pics of the crozat for those of you who are not firmilar with it:

http://www.cfoo.com/appliances.php?appliance=crozat

Thanks!
Amber

Support and advice needed. Thanks everyone! :lol:

miasmama

#2 Post by miasmama »

Thanks for the replies and words of encouragement. Today is not too bad. My tongue is kinda sore and still getting used to eating food. I'll keep everyone updated as I go along. :D