Brushing-how often do YOU do it?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

skintz

Brushing-how often do YOU do it?

#1 Post by skintz »

Just wondering how often everyone brushes their braced teeth? I had my brackets put on a week before my wires went in and was brushing them every time i ate, even after a snack.
This got ridiculous-it ended up being about five times a day and i made my mouth really sore. Now i brush three times a day, morning, after lunch and at night before i go to bed.

What does everyone else do?

GinaLime

#2 Post by GinaLime »

I brush about four times a day -- morning, after breakfast, after lunch, and the grand dental hygiene extravaganza before bed. I don't get sore and I try to be gentle, but I do wonder how much is too much?

I worry about drying my mouth out with Listerine or injuring my gums with too much brushing. I'll ask my ortho during my next adjustment!
Bimaxillary protrusion, 4 MM of overjet with a small overbite

SimInsomniac

#3 Post by SimInsomniac »

I feel so dirty now... :(
I brush twice a day: In the morning after breakfast, and again before I go to bed. I don't have time during the day to brush at lunchtime, plus at school people would give me funny looks. :lol:
No recent problems so far though!

Sim
Damon 3 braces for 22.5 months.
30th August 2005 - 13th July 2007

Pixel Witch

#4 Post by Pixel Witch »

Morning (after I eat) and Right before bed.

During the day, I brush up as needed, which has been about twice - just a light brush.

Lisa65

#5 Post by Lisa65 »

In general twice a day - once before going to work and once before bed. Sometimes I have a quick brush after lunch but more often I just swish with water or a drop of Listerine.

skintz

#6 Post by skintz »

how often does everyone floss too?

Lisa65

#7 Post by Lisa65 »

I try and floss every night, but sometimes I skip a night if I'm tired.

plasticwings

#8 Post by plasticwings »

I brush my teeth about two times a day. Sometimes, I'll use a proxy brush throughout the day if I have stuff stuck in my wires.

As for flossing. I do that practically EVERYDAY, usually at night. :)

Meloho

#9 Post by Meloho »

I do the whole floss, proxybrush, toothbrush/paste, flouride rinse, brush-the-green-rinse-strings-off routine twice a day: after lunch and before bed. But I go do a good water rinse and quick brush after eating anything, so they do get brushed about 4 times a day.

Pixel Witch

#10 Post by Pixel Witch »

I floss during my before bed routine.

kalipso

#11 Post by kalipso »

Brush about 4 to 5 times a day, and floss every second day.

:D

alliphd

#12 Post by alliphd »

Every morning after breakfast/getting ready for the day, every night before bed, and sometimes after lunch, depending on what I ate. I floss at least every other night, sometimes every night, again depending on what I ate.

(Click WWW link for the details!)

HeadgearJoe

#13 Post by HeadgearJoe »

four to five times here to , plus many water swish
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

AngelOfLife

#14 Post by AngelOfLife »

4 Times a day usually for me. Seems to me like I spend 90% of my time in the bathroom with a toothbrush in my hand :shock:

New to braces 45

#15 Post by New to braces 45 »

I brush twice a day,but probably more when I get my braces :D :tingrin: