Double HG wearer .. 4th Adjustment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jose

Double HG wearer .. 4th Adjustment

#1 Post by jose »

Ciao to everybody!

Here my latest update.

Still in double Headgear up and bottom.

At my last adjustment the ortho postponed my TPA appliace as the seems now to keep molars in place. Then we will see in teh next 5 weeks if I will need this TPA.

I think it went better as I now sleep with them in for about 8 hrs plus another 4 hrs in the evening before sleep.

Still drooling a lot and still difficult to talk correctly when all that hardware is inside my mouth.

They changed my wired on my self litigating brackets. And I got a button inside my botton tooth to push my tooth backward. To the button there is attached 2 fixed elastics that are not to be changed. I still have my spring.

For the moment I have an appointment on mid July to see if I will need the TPA or not. But I will try to put my 2 headgears diligently as I would like to try to skip the TPA.

The ortho told me that If I'm lucky by September /October I should at least take out the botton HG, that is also the most annoying one.

Here some of my latest pictures:

My best to everybody,

SMILE!!!

Jose

34/M/Italy/Double Hedgear/ Spring /Elastics / Self Litigating Brackts / Full Metal up and down

minlou01

#2 Post by minlou01 »

Jose,

How does the button work?

Just curious!

New to braces 45

#3 Post by New to braces 45 »

Hope you get your bottom headgear remove :D ! Im getting headgear next week Im getting the same kind of hedgears you have so can you give me some pointers. you can write to me in my post "braces" Thanks and good luck

jose

#4 Post by jose »

Thanks Everybody for your emails!

I will keep you updated.

Ciao

Jose

acehigh

#5 Post by acehigh »

Your teeth look amazing, they're very nice. I'm just wondering why you have to wear the headgear? Does this have something to do with the molars?

acehigh

#6 Post by acehigh »

Another quick question I forgot to put in my other message. What is a TPA? :roll:

jose

#7 Post by jose »

acehigh: the headgears in my case are used to keep molars in place without moving... TPA trans palate arch (or something similar ) shoudl also keep molar in place but inside teh roof your teeth...

Minlou01: teh button work as a little thing in teh back of a tooth that is used to attach some elastics in my case to push forward a tooth that is backward.. see pictures where you see also a spring.

Thanks again for your emails..

Ciao

Jose

bracieb

#8 Post by bracieb »

Hey, now I know what that thing in the roof of my mouth is called. A TPA.

It isn't so bad- I'd take that over headgear. My kids have headgear. I've gotten used to eating and all with it- can get messy, but not that bad. I do notice molar movement, esp on the left side. It seems to hurt up under my eye (but lower) in that hunk of bone above my teeth when I have been cleaning my teeth or pushing on the TPA with my tongue (which I used to do all the time without noticing, but now that I have the lower wire I'm always pushing on that :lol: )

The TPA doesn't affect my speech much, but the lower thing does. Sylvester the Cat, anyone? Even so, that isn't noticeable except when I have to talk a lot or talk fast.

Good luck with your progress, Jose!