High-pitched whistle?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Cynthia1251

High-pitched whistle?

#1 Post by Cynthia1251 »

Is anyone able to make an annoyingly high pitched whistle sound with their braces? I'm able to do it by resting my bottom lip on the bottom of my top braces.

It's so amusing and fun to do the high-pitched whistle in the middle of class. :oops:

I'm sure going to miss it, though, because I GET MY BRACES OFF IN 3 DAYS! <3.

Pepper

#2 Post by Pepper »

Yeah, I can kind of do that, too... Sometimes it happens when I speak. :x

Meloho

#3 Post by Meloho »

Lmao! ^^

I just tried it...first two did nothing, but the third one did a faint high-pitched whistle, so with practice, I could probably do it. Which might be cool cuz I can't whistle normally anymore...lol!
I'm sure going to miss it, though, because I GET MY BRACES OFF IN 3 DAYS!
Oh, but I'll bet you'll get over it quickly enough...or would you rather keep your braces so you can keep whisltling? :P

BracesRacer

#4 Post by BracesRacer »

haha... yeah i always do it on accident usually on words that start with the letter F... Not the bad ones (okay sometimes). I just tried your lip on bottom braces technique and it works... good that will give me a new hobby for awhile, hah.

LaaLaa

#5 Post by LaaLaa »

Yep, I can do the whistle. :-* It is kind of entertaining when you're bored but completely annoying when you're in public or talking to someone with a bunch of words that start with F's. I'm still having trouble with that and no matter how many times I try, I can't seem to say my phone number without sounding like the Gopher from Winnie the Pooh. :gavel: :lol:

Meloho

#6 Post by Meloho »

I can't seem to say my phone number without sounding like the Gopher from Winnie the Pooh. :gavel: :lol:
LMAO!!! Oh, that's priceless! :jump: :-**

acehigh

#7 Post by acehigh »

I just had a powerchain put across my top front teeth. Everything was fine until I noticed that when I talk I sometimes spit, my f's whistle when they want to, and my top lip gets all caught up on the top bracket. Those whistling f's.........they're back!!! :shock: Had them at the beginning of treatment 6 months ago. Not much fun in public, but interesting at home when both my dogs look at me with their heads tilted sideways and ears perked right up........lol. :lol: