Lettuce

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

skintz

Lettuce

#1 Post by skintz »

Lettuce....hmmm, lettuce. Who would have thought this nice little, leafy salad item could cause me so many problems....
I can't eat it any more!! It goes all slimy in my mouth and snuggles in around my brackets, how dare it! :x
Does any one else have any food no-no's or a similar problem with lettuce and maybe any tips to stop the naughty lettuces of this world?!

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

Lettuce is in my opinion a food suitable only for rabbits :lol: but I'm not a salad lover really.

I actually eat pretty well what I ate before braces (with the exception of whole apples and sticky sweets) then I just blast it all out with my Waterpik afterwards.

skintz

#3 Post by skintz »

Lettuce is the only salad food i ate so now i don't eat any salad-it makes me feel really unhealthy :(

lab117

#4 Post by lab117 »

I find that any green coloured food will get trapped in my braces (lettus, broccoli, beans)... specifically the front braces making for a great smile.

At home I don't care, but when I am out with people I try to pick food items that may not be so noticable until I have a chance to escape to the washroom and clean up.

skintz

#5 Post by skintz »

Yeah, thats right-what is it about green foods and teeth?! Yesterday i ate broccoli. That too nestled in around my brackets for a truly dazzling smile(!), why....oh, WHYYY!?!

Hehe :lol:

Lisa65

#6 Post by Lisa65 »

Rice is about the worst for me for getting stuck round my brackets, but at least it's white so it doesn't have the startling effect that broccoli has. :? Tomato skin is another great decorative item. Gives that multicoloured look.

skintz

#7 Post by skintz »

Hey, do you think if we ate broccoli and tomato ay christmas we could get a good festive look going on?!

Haha :lol:

Lisa65

#8 Post by Lisa65 »

ack, double posts :evil:
Last edited by Lisa65 on Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skintz

#9 Post by skintz »

Hey, do you think if we ate broccoli and tomato ay christmas we could get a good festive look going on?!

skintz

#10 Post by skintz »

Hey, do you think if we ate broccoli and tomato at christmas we could get a good festive look going on?!

thenumber12

#11 Post by thenumber12 »

I never really had problems with food getting stuck between my braces unless it had anything to do with bread or meat. Something you have to bite into like hamburgers, sandwiches and burritos.

mindykatz

#12 Post by mindykatz »

I had a chicken quesadilla for lunch, and I had so much pepper and onion and tomato wrapped around my braces that I basically got to enjoy a second lunch on my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth! :-}

skintz

#13 Post by skintz »

Aha, thenumer12, you are wrong! I don't bite into sandwiches or hamburgers, i cut them up small and chew them on my molars :)

Lisa65

#14 Post by Lisa65 »

I can't bite anything with my front teeth :? I break or cut it up and chew at the back.

thenumber12

#15 Post by thenumber12 »

Yup mindykatz, I know what you mean.

I thought it was too much of a hassle cutting everything into tiny pieces especially when it's somewhere like school or work where knives and forks aren't readily available. I chopped hard fruits into thin slices though.