Teeth not touching

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braves123

Teeth not touching

#1 Post by braves123 »

When i bite down, only my left upper and lower teeth touch.The right side doesnt.Is that because of the braces? It feels weird.They always touched before.

joney

#2 Post by joney »

I think that bites are changing constantly, particularly in the early stages of wearing a brace. My bite seems perfect on my left side but on the right it feels really off. I wouldn't worry too much about it. As well as a good cosmetic outcome orthodontists want a good bite for their patients and as your teeth are moving about (depending on how much needs to change) there will be times when things don't feel right. However you should definitely mention it at your next adjustment and hopefuolly the orthodontist can put your mind at ease.
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

braves123

#3 Post by braves123 »

thanks guys :D I figured it was the braces causing the teeth not to touch.Just thought i would ask.I am finally going to ortho for the wire that is poking the heck out of me.I hope they dont put that cemrnt on the end.It doesnt work.I wish they would just file it down.

Lisa65

#4 Post by Lisa65 »

Braves - if it's hurting you that much, don't settle for anything less than having it clipped or filed. It's just not true that nothing can be done, because if there really was no other way, they could remove the wire, clip/file it, and put it back on.

I know doing that would take longer and maybe that's why they're reluctant, but if it was hurting me that much, I wouldn't get out of that chair till it was fixed, whatever it took.

Good luck!

mindykatz

#5 Post by mindykatz »

They wont have a problem with clipping or filing your poking wire down. I had 2 poking arch wires and they clipped them both, and also offered to file them down if I felt like I needed it. It took them all of 10 minutes - I was back in my car 20 minutes after I got to the office!

braves123

#6 Post by braves123 »

I finally got it fixed.The wire ended in a bad place because i missing a tooth next to it.They gave me a longer wire and it goes right past the missing space and connects to the back molar.I asked them to file it down and they said they couldnt.But anyway it is fixed now my sores may heal.

braves123

#7 Post by braves123 »

Now where they attached the wire to that back molar,my teeth are killing me.How can that make a difference with pain? It is only the thin archwire.I just got the braces.

lionfish

#8 Post by lionfish »

You probably have some movement going on there. Give it a day or two and the pain should subside. Chewing will help.