Foods you miss the most...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

idolfan4

Foods you miss the most...

#1 Post by idolfan4 »

I know I got my braces off almost 2 months ago (2 months will be Tuesday the 19th). But my question is to all of you guys who are still wearing braces. What are the foods that you miss eating the most?

Braces Came On: August 2nd, 2005
Braces Came OFF: April 19th, 2007

alexa

#2 Post by alexa »

Eh, I still eat everything that I ate pre-braces.

I just miss the days of when I could eat a meal and not find 1/4 of it still stuck in my hardware. :roll:
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

acehigh

#3 Post by acehigh »

Almonds are near impossible to bite into. I do miss them.

lionfish

#4 Post by lionfish »

I'm with Alexa and KK, I don't miss anything because I eat whatever I want.

Dark_angel

#5 Post by Dark_angel »

There's nothing i dont eat that i didnt eat without my bracesvbut like several others i hate it all getting stuck in my braces, it has to be one of the things that is getting to me the most.

Im looking forward to a nice subway and a corn on the cob when i get my braces off :)

sashamax

#6 Post by sashamax »

I miss biting into a nice big juicy whole apple. I used to eat one most every day and have not done so since just after braces as cutting it into bite size pieces just isnt the same.

The main problem of this is that an apple was so easy to throw in the handbag for when I would get hungry whilst out and about and the alternatives aren't so healthy - museli bars and the like. At the moment it is manderine season here in Australia which provided an 2nd best alternative. The down side is that mandarine skins aren't nearly so easy to get rid of as apple seeds.

First thing I eat when the braces come off is a big red juicy apple.

mindykatz

#7 Post by mindykatz »

I don't miss any particular food, but I miss being able to eat without thinking about it! My incisors are still too sore to really bite into anything - I have to cut it up and chew with my molars only. I got som ereally funny looks at Burger King the other day haha!

Everytime I see my fiance, a friend, or someone on TV eating an apple, or a big old sandwich, or candy, I'm like "ahhh they're SO LUCKY...they just bite into it without giving it a second thought!!" lol!

Lisa65

#8 Post by Lisa65 »

I can relate to the public/private eating thing Karen! Where my front teeth have flared temporarily, I have no occlusion at the front to bite into anything, which means that me eating a sandwich would not be a pretty sight for others, as I end up with half the filling hanging out of my mouth where it gets dragged out of the bread :? I have to enjoy them in private :lol:

But regarding missing foods, the only things I don't eat now are whole apples and sticky sweets. I've tried cutting apples up, but it's just not the same. I love apples and used to eat 2 or 3 a day. The first thing I'm going to eat after debanding is a nice crunchy apple.

sarahann77

#9 Post by sarahann77 »

I miss apples as I found the best apples at the store. When the season really starts in the fall I'll really miss them.

Although I stopped eating them to be eating healthy but the huge chocolate covered apples w/the different candy bits depending on who makes them.

Sure I can chop them up but not the same.

It's just a bit hard for me to pick quick and easy snacks when those are taken away along with baby carrots. I had to make sure I fed all the baby carrots to my dog (who loved them) so they didn't go bad since I couldn't have them. Then some large carrots I had bought and still had I fed to a rabbit living in my back yard.

Everything else I still eat or didn't eat a lot, like almonds.

joney

#10 Post by joney »

I really miss baguettes which I used to have for lunch a few times a week. I could still have them and was out at lunch yesterday with a colleague in our favourite baguette cafe. I just can't bring myself to tear a baguette filled with salad and filling apart and eat it like this in public so instead I had a sandwich which I can bite into and eat in a tidy manner.

First thing my daughter wanted when she had her brace removed was a nice crusty baguette, it will be the same for me when mine comes off.

I miss mint humbugs a bit, but I can live without them.

Dreaming of eating a baguette again in public ...
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

idolfan4

#11 Post by idolfan4 »

The foods I missed most when I had braces were as followed:

1. Corn on the cob
2. Apples
3. Peanuts and Almonds
4. Any candy that was sticky, chewy or hard
5. Ice
6. Beef Jerky
7. Pay Day candy bars
8. Sinking my teeth into chicken and rib bones. :cry:

But I'm glad that I avoided all that stuff when I had braces, because I have a wonderful smile and no cavities! :D Now I can eat what I please and celebrate! :-)o

Braces Came On: August 2nd, 2005
Braces Came OFF: April 19th, 2007

Thathrill

#12 Post by Thathrill »

my eating habits are crazy. There isn't any foods that I truly miss as I am finding out that I can pretty much eat anything. Its all about how you eat it. I used to eat popcorn a lot but haven't had any for months (even before braces) I love Jelly Bellys but haven't had them for a while either.

I do I miss not having to think twice about what I will eat. When in public I choose the foods that would require less maintenance as I am already a slow eater and don't want to spend time cleaning/picking braces. lol
Brace date: 5/2/2007
Debanding date: 1/14/2009
Ceramic Braces: 20 months
Currently in clear Essix retainers at night

My Blog: http://jjfan1.blogspot.com

girlff5

#13 Post by girlff5 »

I mainly miss being able to bite into something!

jmrut22

#14 Post by jmrut22 »

I miss popcorn oh so bad. And I missing biting into a sandwhich or sub. Its kind of hard to do that still. Nuts, of any kind forget it. I love to mix peanuts and M&Ms dont do that anymore either.

When I get my braces off I am going to have a big bowl of popcorn.

breda206

#15 Post by breda206 »

I miss crunchy crunchy crisps, I am the biggest crisp addict in the world and it's just too painful to eat them and my bite isn't right so it's no use!

Poor me, i'm such a whiner! :D