Unequal Numbers of Teeth ..

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lildreamer

Unequal Numbers of Teeth ..

#1 Post by lildreamer »

Hi, looking around on this site i have found that many people have an equal number of teeth on either side of their arches ... and i dont seem too! my right lower side has one extra pre molar than the left! i had extractions when i was really young- around 10 and i had 3 removed from the bottom.

Is this normal do you think to have unequal numbers of teeth?
Anyone out there have the same?

Hope evryone is ok, thanks :D

lildreamer

#2 Post by lildreamer »

Oh- i was really getting worried that my ortho wasnt supposed to do that! Thanks :o

wwdia

#3 Post by wwdia »

Lildreamer
I can def. relate!!! Just last week my ortho had me remove the 4th tooth on my upper right arch. It was beacuse the right side is way off and he wants to bring that side in and I'm thinking the front back. I am a bit concerned as well, for the simple fact that (for now) the gap looks so huge and I wondering how in the world us he going to close that gap and still have my front teeth match up. I am getting braced next Tuesday. I will post pictures then!!
Diane

Carolinahigh12

#4 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

In my situation, I will have an odd number of teeth once my braces are installed. I had two wisdom teeth removed and will also have a lower bicuspid removed in a few weeks. My ortho suggested that I have my lower wisdoms removed so that I will not have an uneven bite plane once my teeth shift to the left. He advised that in a patient with a crossbite that this might affect my other molars as far as grinding them down. But he also told me that no one can actual hold 32 teeth in there mouth without some problems, so it is not the norm to maintain all teeth in an adult mouth. Normally he sees adult patients who has already had all of their wisdom teeth removed or need some type of extraction if they are absent a tooth.
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~