When did you start to see changes?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

peach

When did you start to see changes?

#1 Post by peach »

I know that it's different for everyone and that it takes time and patience but I was just wondering, how long did it take before you started to notice changes with your teeth :D ?

Clairey Fairey

#2 Post by Clairey Fairey »

For me it has taken a couple of months. My ortho says my teeth have moved, but I havn't been able to tell. Its only now that I can see some changes!! yey!!

Pepper

#3 Post by Pepper »

I don't know if it was just because I was all excited, but I noticed minor changes after a couple of weeks.

monarch64

#4 Post by monarch64 »

I think it's different for everyone, but for me I started noticing changes a couple weeks after I was braced! I'm only two months into being braced now after SARPE surgery but HUGE changes have occured already, my bottom teeth are almost totally straight, my right incisor that used to stick way out is just almost in line and the rest of the teeth on the bottom are so much straighter...my top teeth are a bit slower but are showing signs every single day that they are straightening out. I am 30 yrs. old and my ortho told me at the beginning he was going to take things really slowly so as not to do any damage to my bones but I wonder now if he was pulling my leg because I've seen such great changes in the last couple months. I'm SO glad I took the plunge and did this, it's been such a great and rewarding experience.

AngelOfLife

#5 Post by AngelOfLife »

About three weeks after I was braced, my upper front teeth came forward quite a lot in those three weeks alone.

red indian

within a few days

#6 Post by red indian »

I am wearing braces beacause my front teeth were poorly aligned. I dont know if I was imagining or not but I felt sure I could see the change begin by day 3! After a month in braces, my teeth look dramatically different (at least thats my view) :)

Genie

#7 Post by Genie »

Hi! red indian, I also need to align my front teeth and I can see some minor changes within 3 days too. In 10 days, there are quite some significant movements which shows up in photos.

kirjax

#8 Post by kirjax »

I've only noticed things getting worse. A tooth that was straight moved forward, molars are not lined up anymore, but my ortho said things will fall into place bc at first the teeth need room to move and adjust to the new appliances.

The recent changes I've had in 6 weeks is the gap that formed in the lateral tooth to make space to move it forward. I am hoping at my next adj. they wire it in and I start to see the biggest changes of all.

Sentenced: 20-24 months
Braced May 11, 2007
Debraced Feb. 23, 2009
21 months in braces, 17 months in elastic, NO regrets!! Now in Hawley retainers!!

Pixel Witch

#9 Post by Pixel Witch »

Within the first three days of having braces, the gap between my two front teeth closed about 50%.

Now I don't notice any movement at all, but I can tell the differences when flossing and cleaning between the gappier teeth, and when my bite is off and then goes right again.

red indian

Good luck Pixel witch and Genie

#10 Post by red indian »

WoW I am so glad to hear that both of you also saw changes within just a few days. Sometimes I am so sure that I have to be imagining changes that I get the kids to look at my old pictures and confirm!!

Laurie

#11 Post by Laurie »

I too agree that it just depends on the work that needs to be done as well as just how your teeth respond. Moving slowly isn't a bad thing.

I've had my top braces for four weeks now and I can tell definate changes. Nothing earth shattering but enough to make me rather giddy (I must say). Although I'm not sure but my mother swore that withing a few days she could tell a difference.

KK Cat

#12 Post by KK Cat »

I've got my upper braces on a month now and visually I can't see any movement yet. I can however feel a difference when flossing, so obviously something is happening. I've got a major alignment problem with my top front teeth so am looking forward to seeing a change over the next few months. (mentally I keep thinking that by Christmas things should be looking good :D ).
2 upper 1st bicuspids extracted
Uppers braced (metal), molar bands upper & lower 25 May 07
Lowers braced 22 Oct 07
Next adjustment 21 Apr 2008
Estimated brace time 2.5 years

Samantha19

Re: When did you start to see changes?

#13 Post by Samantha19 »

peach wrote:I know that it's different for everyone and that it takes time and patience but I was just wondering, how long did it take before you started to notice changes with your teeth :D ?
It really took 2 months before I saw a really noticeable change. I saw slight changes pretty quickly, but the noticeable changes came 2 months after getting them
Samantha

Tooth-Colored Brackets and a white wire for 8 months.

Braces are off! Retainer coming soon

Mantis

#14 Post by Mantis »

I have had my upper braces on a week and there is definitely a change. My two front teeth are almost next to each other as opposed to one overlapping the other slightly. My upper left lateral incisor was rotated quite a bit and is no longer at such an sharp angle. Brushing that area is much easier, and that was the one tooth I wanted changed the most. My bite was flush but now it is way off since my teeth were angled inwards and I guess they are moving into a more vertical position. It will be a while before the bottom row on and I assume until my bite becomes flush again.

PfectPitch

#15 Post by PfectPitch »

I noticed changes after 3-4 weeks. You can really notice it even better through flossing, as places where you may have had trouble getting the floss in are now easy. That was my first clue.