Update: With Pics! Good & Bad News!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gracie381

Update: With Pics! Good & Bad News!

#1 Post by gracie381 »

Well, I'm back again. Hope everyone is doing great! I went back to the ortho this past Friday and got some good & not so good news. First, the good news, my teeth are looking great, just a little tweaking left to do, which leads to a mouth full of rubberbands. Bad news: I want be getting my braces off in August as I expected. Sure was hoping to go on my tropical vacation with naked teeth! Damn! :x Now it looks like October, which will be exactly at the 2 year mark. Oh well, not much longer!! Anyways, only my bite is changing now, so I can notice it, but you really can't tell much difference in photos.
Here are some pics of me with my rubberbands. These are extra-strength and I only wear them at night. They are trying to pull my molars up straight. During the day I wear some medium strength ones that run from my upper canines to my lower molars, which I'm not wearing in this pic!

TEETH IN THE BEGINNING (OCT. '05)
TEETH NOW (Oct. 28, 2007)
Braced (uppers & lowers): 2 Years
Retainer Check: 1-18-08

Clairey Fairey

#2 Post by Clairey Fairey »

Your teeth are looking good!!

Shame about the delay on getting your braces off, but yey at least its only a couple of months extra, not too long :D

artmomz

#3 Post by artmomz »

Oohhh...what very nice pictures.... :)

Bummer about the vacation...

iBorg

#4 Post by iBorg »

Hey that's good news and good news! They are looking great and they'll be off this year for the Holidays!. Many of us here are just hoping they'll be off in our lifetime.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Miss Smiley

#5 Post by Miss Smiley »

Gracie - you have such a cute set of teeth! SAY CHEESE!!! You'll only have had your braces for 1 year and they're off. How lucky are you! I'll have close to 3 years!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

Qtgirl

#6 Post by Qtgirl »

Awe Gracie, they look great! I Know how ya feel, my orhto told me no less than two years and here I am embarking two years and Im not done yet heeee :lol:

MissDiana

#7 Post by MissDiana »

That's a shame about not being naked by the end of the summer, but your teeth look great! I love the blue powerchains!
Braces on 4/4/07 -
Braces off 3/31/08!

EDWARD

GRACIE381

#8 Post by EDWARD »

HA GRACIE,
Youre progress looks great. You should be very happy so far. have a great time on your vaca with or without braces.

kirjax

#9 Post by kirjax »

that's some great progress there! I have elastics in the opposite directions from inside upper to outside lower. Kinda surprised I have them so early in treatment but I guess it's good. Sorry your not getting them off like you planned but I am sure it will all be worth it to wait!

Sentenced: 20-24 months
Braced May 11, 2007
Debraced Feb. 23, 2009
21 months in braces, 17 months in elastic, NO regrets!! Now in Hawley retainers!!

gracie381

Just wanted to say Thanks!

#10 Post by gracie381 »

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone's support. I am happy with my teeth, just getting anxious i guess!! I will say these past 2 years have flown w/braces!! Here's to all you guys having successful treatments, and here's to naked teeth soon! :D

iBorg

#11 Post by iBorg »

I don't think I've ever had someone with such nice teeth tell me to get naked. :oops: :oops:

Mike
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009

gracie381

#12 Post by gracie381 »

You're Crazy... :lol:

iBorg

#13 Post by iBorg »

If I made you smile, my craziness has been used for good. Anyone who does this at our age has got to be just a bit sly of a full deck.

Mike
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009

Jennine

#14 Post by Jennine »

Wow, what a difference, ill bet you are going to shock some people who havnt seen you in a long time. October is ok... in time for the winter holidays and all those seasonal pics you can flash em the chicklets.

*Denise*

#15 Post by *Denise* »

Great pics!

Your teeth looks very nice :thumbsup: