One week till first Adjustment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Phil098342wq

One week till first Adjustment

#1 Post by Phil098342wq »

Went to see ortho two weeks ago about the teeth hitting teeth/bracket issues. Put rubber bumpers on the two that were getting hit, one fell off the other day. It has taken care of about 40-50% of the pain. Number 23, which was severely injured by a dentist one year ago on the 3rd is KILLING me. I want to ask for Vicodin for the pain as needed, maybe one or two a day as needed, certainly not a lot, just as need. I am taking Advil and Tylenol both right now, more Advil than what is safe to take.

Also to help I am using guided imagery at home at night. The first week was so traumatic, so much happened, that I have been put on Prozac, (I have a hard life right now). I decided to take the 2nd off, which is my first adjustment and the 3rd. If I feel good enough I am going to climb Pike’s Peak to get my mind off it, also I will be a little upset that day, it will mark the one year anniversary of a bad experience with a quack dentist, (Dr David Rebber with Comfort Dental for those of you who don’t want to die in a dental chair).

I see my dentist for a cleaning on this Wednesday. Before they go in I am going to mention that if they think it would help, I would be willing to come in more often every three months, as I am now. I know I have not been doing as good as I should.

So here goes nothing-DJ
[/url]