How many of you had your molar bands taken off??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ABraces2007

How many of you had your molar bands taken off??

#1 Post by ABraces2007 »

Hi, guys,
i`d like to know if those of you who had their molar bands taken off had any gum issues , anything?
i`m always very conserned about my molar bands and scared, however my dentist said my gums were ok and i just had to keep on with good level of higene over there, but still, it seems to me like they would never come off, cause they are stuck in my gum and glued so hard on my teeth..

csblackburn

#2 Post by csblackburn »

I know it seems like those bands are really stuck on there. I thought they were on my molars as well. I had eight bands on all of my rear two molars as this is necessary for surgical patients such as myself. After surgery, the bands were removed so that the Orthodontist could put brackets on the molars to make it easier for her to make adjustments as brackets can be removed and repositioned easier. The bands came off super easy even with all that cement they use to hold them on. There wasn't any pain at all to remove them even with the bands seeming as if they were below the gumline.
Got braces? http://www.igotbraces.com
The orthodontic and orthognathic surgery support forum for everyone.

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

I had mine removed for a short while. They seemed to be cemented on tight but my ortho just cracked them off with (I think) a pair of pliers. It didn't hurt and there was no damage to the tooth and my gums were fine. The teeth will feel rough because of the glue, but that can be ground off.

ghotieyes

#4 Post by ghotieyes »

I had molar bands taken off. I was wondering myself how it would be done because they were cemented all the way around and it was such a tight fit getting them on in the first place, but they just took pliers and cracked the cement and wiggled them off. It sounds scary cuz you hear a big pop and you have no idea what it is, but my teeth ended up fine. The gums around one of the teeth got torn up a bit, but it healed afterwards and I have no problems now.

Dark_angel

#5 Post by Dark_angel »

I had 6 but i've only got 5 now. I needed one removed for a filling.
I managed to remove one myself once so its really not that difficult or painfull. :oops:

idolfan4

#6 Post by idolfan4 »

no. But it does hurt when the molar bands are taken off. :evil:

Braces Came On: August 2nd, 2005 :cry:
Braces Came OFF: April 19th, 2007 :-)o