Pushing those wobblies!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

skintz

Pushing those wobblies!

#1 Post by skintz »

I've come to have a bit of a habit of fiddling with my teeth that have become loose with my tongue. Once they get 'clicky' where i can move them slightly, i can't stop messing with them.
Is this bad? Am i gonna wreck my treatment or can i carry on wobbling them?
Anyone else do this?

metaljen

#2 Post by metaljen »

skintz-I think it has something to do with being fairly new to braces... I too am guilty of messing with my wobblers! As far as it being a bad thing, I hope someone else more experienced can tell us because I don't know the answer to that.

skintz

#3 Post by skintz »

Its become a bit addictive, and sometimes i don't realise i'm doing it! It feels like it could be bad for treatment, like one day sometimes gonna see me do it and tell me off, like when i lost my baby teeth and was wobbling them with my tongue!

Lisa65

#4 Post by Lisa65 »

Once you get to thicker wires, they don't wobble so much anyway :D

Zondrae

#5 Post by Zondrae »

I have to stop myself doing this too. My tongue just seems to "go there" all on it's own! :lol: I don't think it will hurt, well as long as you don't do it too much!

newmetal

#6 Post by newmetal »

I raised this with my ortho. As someone has stated above, your teeth will get stiffer when you have a thicker wire placed. But in the meantime id say stay away from fiddling with the wobbling teeth, you may force teeth in a direction they are not intended to go in, you may damage the wire, or worst case scenario you may put so much excess force on the teeth that you reduce i't's movement full stop. Remember, modern orthodontics is about putting less pressure on teeth, too much pressure can damage the root and cause it to stick where it is, this is why ortho's have gaps in adjustment times. This is to limit the pressure applied to teeth. Therefore, id stop wobbling them. Don't let this scare you, because everyone has a wobble now and then and no damage is caused, but don't make it a habit as it can lead to the negative.

Hope i havn't scared you.

Newmetal