instrument problems

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sirithaeariel

instrument problems

#1 Post by sirithaeariel »

I play the tenor saxophone in band and I was wondering how soon I'll be able to play it again with out discomfort....I've tried playing it and there is a uncomfortable pressure on my top teeth....does anyone have any idea what I mean? Thanks in advance for the advice ^___^

Pepper

#2 Post by Pepper »

I know what you mean. I'm in band as well. I personally went back and played the day after I got 'em on, and I always play when I get back from appointments.

Everyone's different, so just give it time. It'll be okay soon. :D

smileygirly

#3 Post by smileygirly »

hey---i play the clarinet in band, and had to play at a mandatory practice the afternoon i just got my braces on! ouch!!!!! it took me probably a week or two to get used to the feel, but after adjustments and stuff, sometimes it feels awkward. i still can't play with elastics in, so i take them out. DON"T use those lip cover when you play your instrument because they feel really bulky and affect your playing. you should use wax ONLY if you have sore spots, but spread it VERY thinly. remeber, if you get used to wax and covers, your mouth will never adapt!!!!good luck :D