Gap between the upper central incisors keep recurring.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jane2

Gap between the upper central incisors keep recurring.

#1 Post by jane2 »

When the orthodontist used tight C-chain, the gap closed. When he used loose C-chain, the gap recurred one day after the visit. Two weeks ago, he did not use the C-chain, now the gap between by two upper central teeth became it's original state 1 and a half years ago (just one week after the last visit). I think he would reapply the C-chain again on my next visit.

This gap between the two upper central teeth appeared less than 4 years ago. I began my ortho treatment 1.5 years ago. I mentioned it to the doc before, he then used C-chain to close the gap. What I am really concerned is that the gap would recur after the brace is off, which is expected to be the end of this year. The doc said retainer would help. Would it really help? Now, only the tight C-chain can close the gap.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

jennielee81

#2 Post by jennielee81 »

Sometimes (perhaps often) the ortho will bond a wire to the back of the two central incisors on top to keep them together.

My ortho was doing that on a patient a few months ago when I was there.

Said those teeth wouldn't keep together so he made it impossible for them to seperate. :D

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

jane2

#3 Post by jane2 »

Thank you very much. I'll ask my ortho for the bonding wire behind the teeth. I think I'll need it. I hope it would not affect my wearing of the clear retainer. I'll post how it goes.

Your upper teeth are very beautiful now.

Pixel Witch

#4 Post by Pixel Witch »

Thank you very much. I'll ask my ortho for the bonding wire behind the teeth. I think I'll need it. I hope it would not affect my wearing of the clear retainer. I'll post how it goes.

Your upper teeth are very beautiful now.
You should be fine. My ortho has that exact plan for me (bonded retainer + clear essix) because of my gapping.