1st adjustment..ouch

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ready2go43

1st adjustment..ouch

#1 Post by Ready2go43 »

Had my 1st adjustment today,it does not seem like I have been it braces 3 months now,how time flies,but 12 weeks between adjustment seems forever.I am in agony tonight :soremouth: it feels like someone is pulling my teeth out,with a car and tow rope.I have noticed that the new archwire is square this time,I thought square ones were used further on into treatment,has anyone else had this?anyway two brackets have popped already,so another appt to make,sorry about the moan but I feel really miserable tonight :cry: .He has taken wire from 7 to 7 on lowers now,as I have 1 molar missing,it used to stop at the second pre-molar,then a gap then last molar,so now the wire goes across the gap it has some sort of tubing on it(see photo),but as its new I cant help fiddling with it with my tongue,anyway had a moan I will just get on with it now,good luck everyone :thumbsup:
Braced 19/04/07
Damon 3s
Upper & Lower

Miss Smiley

#2 Post by Miss Smiley »

I started with a rectangular archwire. I also had that tubing which I couldn't help but fiddle with.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix