Soda and Braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

girlff5

Soda and Braces

#1 Post by girlff5 »

Does soda really weaken the ceramic? that's what a coworker told me

LilRedPitViper

#2 Post by LilRedPitViper »

I was told that if I'm going to be drinking something acidic, to use a straw if possible. That way less of the acid gets directly on your brackets. He also told me to drink plenty of plain water afterwards.

prettybetty3

#3 Post by prettybetty3 »

I LOVE soda and drink it at least 2-3 times a day w/o a straw...my braces are totally fine! :)

*Denise*

#4 Post by *Denise* »

I don't drink soda, But if you do use a straw.

For the past 2 years I've been using a straw to drink fruit juice, milk, etc. This helps me a lot. :lol:

girlff5

#5 Post by girlff5 »

Thanks for the advice. My doc never told me these things, so thanks for the advice. I have to really get better about it. I am gonna try that new sensodyne toothpaste for stregthening the enamel. I'm gonna have like 2 or 3 types of toothpaste. lol :lol: