Does this seem right???

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chevyhuny

Does this seem right???

#1 Post by chevyhuny »

If anyone can figure out my rantings and give me your opinion that would be great. I had my 3rd visit with my Ortho today.

First appointment: I had my braces installed.

Second appointment: They put a new arch wire on the top but left the original arch wire on the bottom as it wasn't done moving things.

Third appointment: I go in and have my 3rd wire for the top and my 2nd wire on the bottom installed and go home.

After I came home I brushed my teeth and noticed that the wire on the bottom is HUGE compared to the top! I don't know how they got it in the brackets and shut the doors.

This doesn't make sense to me. Shouldn't the wire on top be bigger since its the 3rd wire? And the bottom wire be smaller because its the 2nd?

Also... the 2nd wire for the bottom is even bigger then the 2nd they put on my top.

This doesnt seem right to me. I thought for sure that arch wires went in equal fazes. Oh and both wires are square.

I am hoping there wasn't some sort of mix up and they put the top on bottom and bottom on top.

My apologies if this makes your head hurt. Its hard to explain.
Braced years ago, now I am braced again! Crossing fingers this time around.
Damon 3s on 6 of top front teeth. Damon 3MX on all the rest.

Clo

#2 Post by Clo »

I've seen it many times, the lower wire being bigger than the top one. As I
do not read you are in great pain, then I think your lowers were just ready
for this archwire. I even think this is just good news. If they could now put
this wire in already. You could always ask about this, but I think nothing is
wrong.

Miss Smiley

#3 Post by Miss Smiley »

My lower ones were thicker than my top ones when I started... I don't think there's just one approach to orthodontics. I think everyone's mouth is a different world and is treated that way. Don't panic, they know what they're doing.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

SnowSara

#4 Post by SnowSara »

They kind of decide what to use as you progress along. I just had my 3rd adjustment where the top wire was left in place, but I got a huge posted wire on the bottom with strong elastic ties to bring my bottom teeth all together and back. But get this... going into my appointment it was supposed to be the other way around - the top getting the posted wire. But they looked at my progress and decided that the top was doing fine with just power chains and that the bottom should get the posted wire instead. So even when they plan things out, they change.

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

Bernadette

#5 Post by Bernadette »

I think it's ok.

shoshiaf

#6 Post by shoshiaf »

I think it's ok.
I agree, but to be sure I would suggest calling to check with your ortho. That's what your ortho's office is there for if you have questions/concerns about your treatment.