OW! Cold Drinks= Bad Times

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MiamiRox05

OW! Cold Drinks= Bad Times

#1 Post by MiamiRox05 »

I'm wondering if this is cause for concern to call the ortho on Monday or if some of y'all in my predicament have had this.

I just got my power chains put on this Monday, and on top of that I'm still wearing my elastics. The pressure alone from my power chains aren't too comfy, but it's made worse with the elastics especially on one side.
Today as I was enjoying a nice cold cup of Coke I got this sharp pain, it wasn't the tooth, it was up in the gums as if in the root of the tooth.

Is it possible the strain from the power chains + elastics could cause my teeth to be extra sensitive to cold? It was pretty bad, and now I'm sipping all my cold drinks out of a straw (eliminating cold drinks is out of the question, its far too hot down here!)

Anyone ever experience that? Thx Y'all

HeadgearJoe

#2 Post by HeadgearJoe »

i have eat icecream before an took a very big bite , no brain freeezzzee but it sat on the braces a few seconds to long an WOW COLD METAL BRACES HURT
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

MiamiRox05

#3 Post by MiamiRox05 »

Warm foods are fine.

And really, its not my whole mouth, its only 1 if not 2 teeth.
KK, thanks, I might have go look for that toothpaste.