lower brackets went off...progress pics (underbite)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gsx

lower brackets went off...progress pics (underbite)

#1 Post by gsx »

Hello everybody

Here you have the pics of the progression of my treatment. Uppers are supossed to be out in september, now i'm dealing with the hawley retainer (i will put some pics later).

Any comments just ask!

Initial situation: underbite. 2 weeks before brackets, spacers in (they did hurt a lot!)

First brackets pictures

First Elastics

final results

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Looks great, gsx. Your uppers can't be far behind.

newmetal

#3 Post by newmetal »

Your teeth look good. As someone said, it looks like your uppers will be done soon. It's pictures like this that show what can be achieved with braces.

Newmetal

gsx

#4 Post by gsx »

thank you for your comments.

It's expected that uppers went off on september. Doctor said that she want to expand a little bit the molars and it will be all ok

gsx

#5 Post by gsx »

thank you KK, yes I see you ever response my posts...
I've upload these pictures for you, the hawley retainer, and the hawley retainer in place...
Now my fears are the underbite to return... i hope not, lets see...

P.S The hawley is pretty unconfortable, dificult to talk with and feels the tonge like a "papirus" :D

dlc

#6 Post by dlc »

Your teeth look great. I also have an underbite. I have been in braces for about a year now. I have been wearing elastics since October 2006. I went for my regular checkup this morning. My orthodontist told me that when I bite down, I should now bite to where my bottom teeth should be touching my top teeth. He says this will help correct the bite faster. I am really confused by this. Have you ever been told that? How long have you worn the elastics and how often do you have to wear them?

dlc

#7 Post by dlc »

My bite is simular to your third and fourth pictures. He wants me to train my bite differently. He says by continuing to bite down the way my bite is, it is constantly pushing my lower jaw forward. I will take your suggestion and call my ortho for clarification. Thanks.

dlc

Difficulty chewing

#8 Post by dlc »

Now that I have been retraining my bite, it is now like your fifth and sixth picture. I find it very difficult to chew with little contact. :cry: I hear my teeth hitting alll of the time and it is very annoying. Did you experience this or do you have any advice? Thanks.

gsx

#9 Post by gsx »

finally uppers went also...

discomom

#10 Post by discomom »

WOW !!! YOUR TEETH LOOK AMAZING!!!! Congratulations!! Lori