I got Rotation Wedges???

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dr Jon Harrow

I got Rotation Wedges???

#1 Post by Dr Jon Harrow »

:lol: Hi Friends
Ive been away a while due to being in hospital. However i had an appointment at the orthodontist , the day after getting out of hospital, assuming it was for just a tightening this time...however he wired these little plastic things on to some of the bottom brackets, and then wired them into the archwire. He called them rotation wedges, used to rotate the teeth. has anyone else had them?
I also got this really thick square wire on the top arch :cry: it really hurts four days afterward...more in my braces story....
Jon XXX

newmetal

#2 Post by newmetal »

Yep i have a wedge on my incisor which needs to be slightly rotated. The wedge is quite effective in positioning your tooth correctly, but it does stain quite bad. I have a clear wedge and it can sometimes turn an illuminous yellow colour which isn't the best. Wedges don't usually cause pain so that is good news for your.

Newmetal

mrsphase74

#3 Post by mrsphase74 »

I have rotation wedges too. I have them on my upper lateral incisors and they work really well, I just hate how they have stained (mine are white).

alexa

#4 Post by alexa »

Yes, rotational wedges. Had those.

They can be effective and very quick in rotating teeth. The problem I encountered was that my orthodontist didn't seem to know what she was doing with them and at one point had made the situation worse!

Another ortho whom I sought a second opinion from said that she doesn't like using wedges. She said that most rotations can be achieved from repositioning brackets or making wire bends.

They're pretty common though. I'm sure your's will do the trick.
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom