GOT BRACES TODAY

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kee Flower

GOT BRACES TODAY

#1 Post by Kee Flower »

I got my braces to day it wan's that bad. I am doing pretty good .

Carolinahigh12

#2 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

Congrats KeeFlower!!!

I got braces this morning too.. I chose pink for my lig color. I have eaten lunch, not too bad. I just have achey teeth right now, but not too painful...
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

michellemariebrown

Got Braces Today To!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Post by michellemariebrown »

I just got braces today to!!!! I am really excited, they don't hurt yet but I can tell they will take some getting used to. Will see how it goes! :D

iBorg

#4 Post by iBorg »

Congrats to the three of you on starting the journey. hopefully you'll be able to share noes as you progress through your treatment. In many ways getting through the first month seems the hardest. Remember always that hopefully treatment will make a positive improvement for the rest of your life.

Hopefully you have pictures pre braces. If not, your orthos probably took some. Take pictures with braces as soon as you can. When you get disgusted with the process, look at the progress shown in those pictures. Even after a couple of weeks or a month, they’ll give you great encouragement.

Welcome to the board. Whatever you do in this process try to have fun. Maintaining a positive attitude truly will make this a good experience instead of a treatment to tolerate.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Kee Flower

#5 Post by Kee Flower »

cool i am glad i have someone who just started like me.I am doing ok they hurt. I have pink and orange

platinum

#6 Post by platinum »

I got my upper ceramics today. I got my lowers six months ago, but it has been quite uneventful... just changing wires. My lowers aligned in four months and now it is just leveling.... boring.
I am rally waiting to see my upper front teeth to straighten :)

Good luck for you who got their braces today!!!

Kee Flower

#7 Post by Kee Flower »

cool. my mouth is sooooooo sore today it hurts to talk.any sugjestions

Carolinahigh12

#8 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

Dont let the pain get to u. keep talking, keep trying to eat and take a otc pain med. The more you keep trying, the better it will be.
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

Kee Flower

#9 Post by Kee Flower »

ok thank you i will try that.I am getting use to it but it hurts. i only have my top ones down. Let me know how yall done with yall braces

Carolinahigh12

#10 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

KeeFlower

So far so good with me. I have some tightness, but I eat through it and it wears off. I ate a tough piece of undercooked broccoli today and that was painful.. the first time I used a pain med :(. I started doing my salt water rinses before I got my wisdom teeth extracted and since have made it a part of my nightly routine ( I got my wisdom teeth taken out back in May and started salt water in April).

Keep positive and it will get better. Use that wax up and also try some oral gel or if you have some Chloroseptic you can spray that on you gums and teeth if it hurts to much to numb it.

Hope you feel better
TTYL
:-1
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

cwatt1

#11 Post by cwatt1 »

Congratulations to all three of you! I got mine just over two weeks ago. The first few days may be a little uncomfortable, but will pass very quickly, so hang in there! As Meryaten suggests, use wax and keep hydrated. And be liberal with the salt water rinses. Generally the discomfort doesn't last long :!:

Click here to read about my progress.

Kee Flower

#12 Post by Kee Flower »

I am glad you all are doing good mine is doing better. i am getting use do it.

Ava

#13 Post by Ava »

hey! I got my spacers today and I'm set to be braced in one week, on monday.
Can i ask, why should I be doing salt water rinses?
And did anyone have big problems talking the day after? I have a presentation for uni i cannot get out of and I'm a little worried. I asked my dental assistant (who has braces) and she said I should be fine. Still a bit worried though.
Ava

Carolinahigh12

#14 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

I had to get use to talking with all the metal in my mouth but it didnt take long. I talked to myself on the way to work and it became second nature to me. My ortho had me practice before leaving to make sure that everything felt okay to my gums and tounge. I had cleats on the molar brackets, and he shaved them off before he glued them into my mouth so they wouldnt give me major problems. But other than that, no problem with talking at all.

Good Luck

TTYL
:-1
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

Kee Flower

#15 Post by Kee Flower »

Ava,
It is a little unconfy but you will get use to it.Trust me it is worth it i only got my braces thursday and my teeth are already moveing.I do I have sores and they do hurt but i am learning to live with them salt water rinses helps take the soreness out if you do have sores. So you will be ok i was really scared but i had no reason to be scared.

Hope you do well with them.