Midline correction question ..pleaseee

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bluerain

Midline correction question ..pleaseee

#1 Post by Bluerain »

Hi all :)

My lower midline is off about 1 1/2 to 2 mm's. We just started to address it today with elastics..

Has anyone been in the same boat and if yes how long did it take to move to the correct position ?

Thanks so much :)

Blue
Brace's -In-Ovations
Top Wired 2-1-05 / Bottom 10-9-06
Implants being used as anchor's where the wisdom teeth use to be.

NotBob1

#2 Post by NotBob1 »

Mine went inline in just a few months, however, I was very dilligent in wearing all of my elastics 24/7. Even the REALLY obvious ones in front.
Pat
Class III tendency, crossbite 10-23
Maxillary horizontal & 2mm deficiency for upper teeth
GAC In-Ovation R, metal. Now with upper & lower Hawleys 24 hrs.

grinning

#3 Post by grinning »

By the time my bite was fairly good and everything was in line, my ortho addressed the midline thing last. I believe mine was off by about 1-1 1/2 mm and three months with elastics fixed it up. I'm so excited for my appt Monday, expecting to be told that I'm done!!

lelerz

#4 Post by lelerz »

My midline was really off due to extractions and one gap being closed on one side, but not the other... it got to the point where I just didn't even know how to smile anymore bc it felt so awkward! But once I started wearing elastics + the remaining gap getting closed, my midline is finally moving into place. I now have a normal smile again!

It's been about 4 months since I got the elastics and I have noticed a dramatic difference. I project probably another few months bc my gap is still in the process of being closed... but I feel the end is near...

spbabe

#5 Post by spbabe »

My midline, as well, was only a millimeter or so off. My ortho told me that if I wore the elastics perfectly, then it would only take 1 visit to correct, making my time in those rubber bands only 4 weeks. I have a bad habit of slacking off with my elastics, and I only wore them at night and when I was lounging around the house. Even though I hardly wore them, my midline was corrected by my next visit. :?

Please don't take that as me encouraging you to be irresponsible (like I was) about wearing your rubber bands. If you wear them as instructed, it should take very little time. All it took for me was one visit.

I'm drifting a bit off topic, but to make a long answer short, I learned the hard way that I need to take my orthodontic treatment seriously. I will NEVER slack off on wearing my rubber bands again. You shouldn't either...... and don't do drugs. Good luck! :)

Bluerain

#6 Post by Bluerain »

Thanks for all the replies everyone :)

I do exactly what i'm told and always wear my elastics but I do have to take the front one off (Midline correction one which runs right across my mouth) when eating only.

By the way I'm no where near the end but they had to correct midline now because they could only get class 1 bite on one side and by correcting midline now both sides will be almost class one.

When midline is corrected they will have me use elastics to pull top teeth back ( Due to over jet )to get both sides in class 1 bite.

It turns out that having that over jet will get me a class 1 bite on both sides after midlline is corrected .

Thanks again :)

Blue
Brace's -In-Ovations

platinum

#7 Post by platinum »

wow!
I would say you are quie far in your treatment if your teeth are almost class 1!

I have had my uppers for one month and my midline is getting better without any elastics.

Jetgirl

#8 Post by Jetgirl »

I had braces for two years, and wore elastics for a year and a half of that time specifically to correct issues with my midline.

The midline on the top was off slightly to one side, while the midline for the bottom was off by an entire tooth to the other side. It didn't take too long to get things moving, but it took a looooong time to get them to stay! I saw a lot of movement very quickly, but the rest of the time was just vigilance. I wore elastics on both sides, and toward the end they had me add another elastic to one side.

I have some pictures up here that show the progression.
Braces on: June 2003
Braces off: June 2005

Pictures of my braces journey

Bluerain

#9 Post by Bluerain »

Hi Jetgirl

Thanks for the reply :)

I checked out your progression pics and WOW ...You have beautiful teeth !!!

Takecare and be well :)

Blue

Jetgirl wrote:I had braces for two years, and wore elastics for a year and a half of that time specifically to correct issues with my midline.

The midline on the top was off slightly to one side, while the midline for the bottom was off by an entire tooth to the other side. It didn't take too long to get things moving, but it took a looooong time to get them to stay! I saw a lot of movement very quickly, but the rest of the time was just vigilance. I wore elastics on both sides, and toward the end they had me add another elastic to one side.

I have some pictures up here that show the progression.
Brace's -In-Ovations