6 month update! Haven't been here in a while!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ash0708

6 month update! Haven't been here in a while!

#1 Post by ash0708 »

Hey all,

I haven't been here since my quad-helix drama nearly 5 months ago, but I wanted to stop by and update on my journey. I was braced April 5, 2007 with Damon upper and lowers, and got a quad helix two weeks later. I had the quad helix removed 5 days later due to a problem with geographic tongue, and at the time got all 7s bonded.

I have had three adjustments since, and at the last two my wires have been bumped up to .18 and .20 (I think?) respectively. At my third adjustment, which was today, I also received Class II elastics. I am in the tortoise elastic and have two on each side of my mouth. One is a diagonal line from my top 3 to bottom 6 tooth, and the other is an upside down triangle on my top 2 and 3 and bottom 2 (same on each side). I am in A LOT of pain as these elastics are tight. In fact, the ortho said I had to take them out to eat, which makes sense b/c I can't even fit a straw in my mouth. But, I still have to wear them all the time.

This is my second time in braces, and at my consultation he said I had a Class I bite with a Class II jaw, due to the correcting that was done as a child. So now I think he is trying to fix my jaw. With all this progress so early, I feel like he is trying to get me out of these things quickly!

Anyway, that's my story. Braces really aren't as bad as they seem. I'm hoping to be out of these in the next year, if not sooner!

Take Care,
Ash