Gum problem

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

genxsis

Gum problem

#1 Post by genxsis »

I have a sore spot on the inside of my gum on both sides of my lower jaw underneath the rear molar. It feels like something hard is trying to come out and is breaking through the gum. It's worse on the right side of my mouth, but it exists on the left side too.

I posted in the past about a root poking through the gum above an eye tooth on top. This isn't about that. It's different.

I'm also 4 months from my 2 year anniversary, which is the last estimate for getting rid of the braces, but then again, he's made several estimates in the past that never panned out. I'm wondering if it's the braces that are causing the problem I have now and that getting them off might prevent future problems.

But for now, does anyone know what this thing on the inside of my gum is? I hope it's not another root trying to poke out!
Our words drift away. Our words journey to find those who will listen. It may be our words become lost. It may be our words find nothing, find no one. We call out into the distance.... --"Roma Ryan"

Miss Smiley

#2 Post by Miss Smiley »

Maybe you should schedule an appointment with your dentist.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

timewaster

#3 Post by timewaster »

This is an obvious question, but have you had your wisdom teeth removed?

Gennel

#4 Post by Gennel »

Could you take a picture? Is it even possible to get a view to take a picture? Mention this to your ortho or dentist asap just so they can have a better look.

Gennel

genxsis

#5 Post by genxsis »

Yes, I have had my wisdom teeth removed.

No, I can't take a picture. No digital camera. Plus, it's not very easy to see. It is something I can feel when I brush over it or rub my finger over it, but there's hardly anything there to see when I try to look at it in the mirror.

I have an ortho appt. coming up on Wednesday. I'll mention it then. I was just wondering if anyone here might have an opinion on it so I would have a heads-up on what the possibilities are in advance. It just feels like something is breaking through the gum.
Our words drift away. Our words journey to find those who will listen. It may be our words become lost. It may be our words find nothing, find no one. We call out into the distance.... --"Roma Ryan"