about 8 weeks in

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ava

about 8 weeks in

#1 Post by Ava »

Hey everybody
thought I'd just share my journey so far with everyone.
So i got my braces put on about 8 weeks ago, and im going in for my first adjustment at the start of next week which im excited about.
Progress hasbeen fantastic! Just to quickly get you up to date, i basically had a ridiculously bad overbite and overjet, bottom crowding etc. I had 4 extractions of bicuspids and whatver the lower equivalents are and when i got braces iwas fitted with elastics immediately. As downright painful to oneside of my mouth those elastics have been i cannot get over how my bite has changed in that short period of time! My profile is so much better, its great! My lower teeth have been straigheningand moving nicely...not alot of closure to my extraction gaps but I am very happy with the progress!
Just a quick thought...if you are given elastics and told them to wear them all day every day- do it! Theresults are more then worth it, and if you don't your teeth wont want to move because the pressure isnt consistent!
Anyway thats me
AvA