teeth smoothing

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

metalmizzle

teeth smoothing

#1 Post by metalmizzle »

so, i went for my 9th adjustment today (yay!) and my ortho said next appointment he's going to "smooth" some of my teeth.i know what this means, but do i want it?will my teeth look perfect and cookie cutter?i want straight teeth but i don't want them to lose all of their character!just wondering how much of a difference it makes.anyone have pics?thanks!

SnowSara

#2 Post by SnowSara »

I had this done at my last adjustment and loved it! He basically just smoothed out some of the rough edges on my front two lower & upper teeth. I, too, was worried about looking "too" perfect, but all this did was make my teeth look even straighter and more even with the rest of the teeth. Here's a before and after:

3rd adjustment:

4th adjustment & teeth smoothing:

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

metalmizzle

#3 Post by metalmizzle »

ok, i think i can deal with that.thanks!your teeth look great!

Higgy

#4 Post by Higgy »

I had this done as well...on the upper 6....and loved it! It was fast, easy, painless and made a huge difference.