2 Months in, Adjustment tomorrow.... Just bent Archwire!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

neas

2 Months in, Adjustment tomorrow.... Just bent Archwire!!!

#1 Post by neas »

I was talking on the phone and wasnt concentrating on eating and now (just 10 mins ago) I've bent the archwire between the back two teeth down... so its a kinda U shape. The archwire is stil looked into the brackets but has been bent out of shape downwards.

I don't think this will be too bad as I've got my first adjustment tomorrow, will I get a nice talk from my ortho tomorrow now? Am i ok 1 day with a bent archwire position?

bracesafter40

#2 Post by bracesafter40 »

Oh, this has happened to me before; but I just press on it and voila, it snaps back into shape. This is between the two molar on the right lower arch always. One time, it took me quite a while to get it back into the hole on the last molar; so much so that I was just about to give up and face the music with my Ortho (the adj. was the next day).
http://bracesafter40.blogspot.com
Bridge Sectioned: Feb. 14, 2007
Last Pre-braces cleaning: Feb. 20, 2007
#21 Extraction: Feb. 20, 2007
Sentenced: 32 months
Top Braced: Feb 28, 2007
Bottom Braced: Apr. 4, 2007
New Ortho on Apr. 25, 2008
May 6; fluorescent blue ligs incl. upper powerchains. 2 elastics; Sept. 2, 2008.
Next Adj.: July 7, 2009 at 8:30a

neas

#3 Post by neas »

i managed to snap it back into place, i pushed upwards and it reset to its normal shape... wooh :) Thanks guys.