Hypothetical bracket question;"hypothetically" $90

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

starryeyedfairy

Hypothetical bracket question;"hypothetically" $90

#1 Post by starryeyedfairy »

"Hypothetical" bracket question;"hypothetically" $90 in the hole.

As I was brushing my teeth this morning getting ready for a merry old day at school, one of my brackets fell off.

my bracket fell off of my very last upper tooth.

my dentist does not work on fridays, so i was freaking out a little (this is the first time that this has ever happened to me, and i've been in braces for over 1 year now)

i managed to find an emergency dental clinic and scurrried off there.

horrible service and quite rough, prodding me and what not. sooooo anywho,

i may have hypothetically been charged 90 dollars (canadian) for their services of bonding my bracket back on to my tooth.

Now my question is; was this a giant deal? Should I have just waited until Tuesday (Monday is a holiday) to see my regular dentist to put the bracket back on free of charge?

Ooooor was it vitally important that I had done, what I did and got the bracket back on immediately?

What do you guys think?

starryeyedfairy

#2 Post by starryeyedfairy »

oh! on top of that, the dentist and his assistant were chuckeling that they did not have the right equipment to do what they were doing,
meanwhile i'm sitting there, with them trying to tear open my mouth to put the bloody thing back on, trying my best to be as pleasant as possible.

i'm scared to even chew on the side, which the bracket fell off from.

i'm going to see my dentist first thing tuesday.