TOday is B-Day !!!!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ladysteph117

TOday is B-Day !!!!!!

#1 Post by ladysteph117 »

Well today is the dreaded B-day, I am so excited but very nervous my appt is at 2pm! Wish me luck ! :lol:

ilovemacs

#2 Post by ilovemacs »

Steph congrats for taking the braces plunge!!
On that topic I'm getting my top braces tomorrow!! I'm getting my top braces only on tomorrow because if I were to close my mouth my bottom arch brackets would fall off, until he fixes my top (my bite is too deep.)
If any of that makes sense!! :D

discomom

#3 Post by discomom »

GOOD LUCK!!! My day is coming soon! Let us know how it goes! Lori

KathyC

#4 Post by KathyC »

Good luck! I hope your B-Day goes well. I got my spacers in yesterday so my B-day is going to be October 23rd. I'll look forward to reading your story!

iBorg

#5 Post by iBorg »

Steph and ilovemacs,

Congrats on starting the journey. In many ways getting through the first month seems the hardest. Remember always that hopefully treatment will make a positive improvement for the rest of your life.

Hopefully you have pictures pre braces. If not, your orthos probably took some. Take pictures with braces as soon as you can. When you get disgusted with the process, look at the progress shown in those pictures. Even after a couple of weeks or a month, they’ll give you great encouragement.

Welcome to the board. Whatever you do in this process try to have fun. Maintaining a positive attitude truly will make this a good experience instead of a treatment to tolerate.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

jordanna

#6 Post by jordanna »

It was my B-Day yesterday also! I got mine at 9am. I hope yours went as well as mine did. I was really nervous about getting up today and having lots of pain in my mouth but I seem to be one of the lucky few who escaped it. (knock on wood) I didn't tempt fate though and have only had oatmeal and soup thus far.

Good Luck to you!! :D

ladysteph117

OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

#7 Post by ladysteph117 »

jordanna wrote: I was really nervous about getting up today and having lots of pain in my mouth but I seem to be one of the lucky few who escaped it. (knock on wood)
Oh you are so lucky I woke up at 2am in major pain and then again at 6am right now I am trying to choke down some corn chowder and it hurts so bad I have tears in my eyes and I took vicodine for the pain because advil was not even close to making it go away! the only thing that seems to help is to clench my teeth but I can't do it too often because it's bad! You would think after 2 natural childbirths and 5 tatoos I wouldn't be such a baby... LOL :-88 here's to hoping you don't get the pain!

ladysteph117

OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

#8 Post by ladysteph117 »

jordanna wrote: I was really nervous about getting up today and having lots of pain in my mouth but I seem to be one of the lucky few who escaped it. (knock on wood)
Oh you are so lucky I woke up at 2am in major pain and then again at 6am right now I am trying to choke down some corn chowder and it hurts so bad I have tears in my eyes and I took vicodine for the pain because advil was not even close to making it go away! the only thing that seems to help is to clench my teeth but I can't do it too often because it's bad! You would think after 2 natural childbirths and 5 tatoos I wouldn't be such a baby... LOL :-88 here's to hoping you don't get the pain!

jordanna

#9 Post by jordanna »

Oh wow, I hope that pain ends sooner than later. That sounds terrible for you. I will definately keep my mouth shut about how I'm feeling because I'm sure you don't want to hear it!!!

Wishing you all the best, I'm sure it will get easier and easier from here on out :)

Miss Smiley

#10 Post by Miss Smiley »

LadySteph- I don't know about childbirth but I can say that getting tattoos was much easier for me painwise, than the first month of braces. as the months have progressed, the pain has lightened substantially and adjustments aren't so bad. Welcome!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix