Temporary removal

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

alliphd

Temporary removal

#1 Post by alliphd »

I know I've seen some posts about this before, and I'm planning to talk to my ortho about it at my next appointment, but does anybody have much experience, especially concerning orthodontist opinion and pricing for temporary removal of braces?

I was originally planning to get married over the summer, after my braces are off. Some plans have changed though, and we're hoping to get married in December on a cruise! I know that having the braces on won't be the end of the world, but it would really be great if I could have them taken off for a few weeks. Any thoughts or comments?

(Click WWW link for the details!)

Way Too Old For This

#2 Post by Way Too Old For This »

My daughter and I both had our braces removed for her wedding. Had just the brackets removed not the molar bands. They were off for 4 days and we were both really glad we did it.

Besides the pictures, it sure made talking and eating eaiser! Ortho charged us each $150 for the removal and to have them put back on. It was worth it.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

zero

#3 Post by zero »

I'm getting married in may and i asked my ortho about it...he said for me he would just remove the wire..and leave the brackets cuz they will probably break when they are removed.. I got ice so you can hardly see them anyways...I was pretty bummed about it but i thought eh..if they do show up in pictures I can always photoshop them out... :wink:

alliphd

#4 Post by alliphd »

Thanks all! We're cruising on Royal Caribbean, on the Mariner ship. We already had the trip planned, just decided to make it into a marriage and honeymoon instead of just a vacation! I called this morning and they've got the first night available, as long as I book it in the next few days!

alliphd

#5 Post by alliphd »

Just got back from the ortho I'm going to have my top brackets removed for a couple of weeks with a retainer, for $75! I'm SOOO excited!! :D

lildreamer

#6 Post by lildreamer »

Congratulations! thats so good of your ortho! have a great couple weeks break!